I found a fantastic tutorial with the pattern included over at Patchwork Notes. What a life saver this was! Look how tiny those squares are! I used 1.5" scraps! This square measures 5.5" unfinished!
I was able to make a few mistakes, but no harm done, since this is a dry run before the actual block.
Are you a hands on learner too?



Definitely! I figure things out as I go, and the only way to do that is to jump in and not be afraid of making mistakes. I would rather mess up on a practice piece than on the final project. Trying things out on scraps teaches so much!
ReplyDeleteMe too. I almost always cut and piece one block of a new project before cutting everything, it's hard to visualize if the fabrics I've chosen are going to look good in the block.
ReplyDeleteI AM a hands on learner. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Trish! Love the fabrics! I'd say you're a FAST learner too!
ReplyDeleteYour fabric choices really make the block. I've done a few quilts with paper piecing, and I really like the exactness of the blocks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous block...it would make a cute pincushion!
ReplyDeleteThis is so incredibly beautiful. I really love this. I love your choice of fabric and color. I have been playing with this design myself. Sew pretty.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! I learn much better that way. Your block is really cute:)
ReplyDeleteLooks great from here Trish! I would definitely use this lovely little block
ReplyDeleteLiv xx
I am a hands on learner too. Your block is beautiful. I love your fabric choices!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!! Love your fabrics!! Happy sewing! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love this block! It's so pretty! I'm off to take a look at how it's done. :)
ReplyDelete