When I first began this quilt, I did so with the intention of doing one block at a time. No rush, just enjoy the journey. Somehow these fabrics have such a calming affect on me and this is one of those projects that I know will take a while. (You can see my block tutorial here.)
It has been "one of those weeks" and so my comfort quilt to be came back out of the box and is being put together.
There are granny square block tutorials all over the web (my very favorite being Lori's great granny block - true love I tell ya). My granny square makes a large block (13.5" unfinished) with only the two contrasting fabrics, plus the background in a neutral. I wanted a very simple and soft on the eyes look. I created my little tutorial to show how you can get by with just the right amount of fabric and no waste. This quilt is made up of a layer cake, a charm pack, plus yardage in a solid.
This is my silly cat Easter. He is my shadow and biggest snuggler. Nothing beats a good nap with a soft and chubby cat during a long day!
I hope you are having a wonderful week. Thank you for coming to my blog for a visit. xoxo



The kitty is so cute! Love that pic. The quilt is going to be amazing.
ReplyDeleteGoing to be one beautiful quilt!!
ReplyDeleteLove your squares! They are going to make a beautiful quilt. Easter's too cute! :) What a sweet kitty.
ReplyDeleteHow adorable trish!!!....the quilt and the kitty:)
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is lovely . The fabric is very familiar ! Did you runnaway kitty ever come back?
ReplyDeleteWonderful colors Trish! One of the things I love about quilting, that it can be a work in progress and something tolook forward to:>) It's going to be gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAww.. Easter is so sweet!!! You have done a wonderful job with this quilt ~ it's stunning.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful....and Easter would be hard to wake up...What a great day...smiles..Renee
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful colors in that quilt! And what a sweet Snuggler, Easter is! :)
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is coming along so beautifully!! How sweet is your kitty!! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteYou're right! Very calming and lovely.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is looking very beautiful. I loved seeing the sweet sleeping kitty picture, Trish!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy day!
Helen x
You and your kitty are going to LOVE that cute quilt
ReplyDeleteStrawberry Fields (and kitties) do that to me too. Such a lovely line. I wish I'd bought more.
ReplyDeleteQuilts and kitties are the perfect pick me up for "one of those weeks"! Strawberry Fields is lovely and your granny quilt is amazing! xoxo Debbie
ReplyDelete