October 27, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival : Fall 2012

 Hello and welcome to my little spot in blogland.  
If you are visiting today via  
I am so glad you are here.  
Please, make yourself at home.
The quilt I have decided to share is very near and dear to my heart.  It is called bubble gum icecream and I designed it myself.
With a heart full of nostalgia of fun childhood memories that included eating bubble gum icecream on hot summer days in Northern California, my dear little quilt was born.
The fabrics and colors were chosen with those cute pastel round bubble gums in mind.  What a treat it was to bite into my icecream cone and find that little treasure.  Yummy!  It was the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day.
It was so much fun playing with many of my favorite scraps of fabric that were tucked away for a special project.  And due to the nature of the pattern, you can really mix it up with your own special memories and colors dear to your own heart.
The quilting is done by a very talented professional quilterKathy did such a beautiful job!  I nearly squealed when it arrived back home with me.  I just stood there and hugged my quilt!  
Thank you so much Kathy!  
 Blogger's Quilt Festival Stats
finished quilt measures : 38" x 52"
quilted by :  Kathy Olkowski
best category : professionally quilted, wall hanging, scrap quilt
(available for purchase : $8.00 as pdf)

Thank you again for dropping by.
I hope you enjoyed your stay.
xoxo

(two posts in one day, oops)

22 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this and in the perfect colors...Best to you...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color and fabrics in this quilt! Although I've never had bubblegum ice cream, this quilt makes me wish I did, it does look yummy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your quilt looks very delicious! It's gorgeous, Trish - you are so wonderfully talented. Love the mix of ice-creamy colours you've used too.
    Happy Saturday,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt Trish! Love the ric rac on the ice cream cones. The quilting is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun quilt - I love the fabrics and the rickrack - just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve this quilt Trish!! I still need to make one! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice quilt, sweet as you are! Baci. Barbara from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a sweet little quilt! Very pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously one of the cutest quilts I have ever laid eyes on. I love, love, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Trish. So sweet and happy and nostalgic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt. The quilting really finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a very happy and cheerful quilt! Love the colors.. your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just yummy!!!!!
    Liv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just adorable!!! Thanks for sharing it in the quilt festival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really do love your quilt. It is super darling. And yo've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember this quilt! It was darling then and is darling now. Great job, Trish...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fun quilt Trish! It must be so special to you to know you designed it! I plan to make one just as soon as I am back home for good. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun and crinkly!! I love the quilting and I haven't yet delved into sending out any of my quilts yet so I'll have to take the plunge! This quilt reminds me of eating different flavors of sorbet in Paris - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a sweet post! And your little ice cream cone quilt is every bit as sweet as you are. Thank you for your super nice compliments on the quilting - I love what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Love the crinkly quilting and the fabrics really make you think you are in an ice cream shop!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.