Hello and Happy Monday. I hope your weekend was a pleasant one. It is still a bit toasty down here, so no outdoor time for me. My lawn mocks me from the distance! I will have so much to cut in the very near future! However, last week yielded a window of time, that allowed me to complete some much needed tree trimming. What a relief to get it accomplished. Still plenty more to go, but at least the ball is rolling.
While keeping my fingers busy indoors, I have become a bit more acquainted with Agatha Christie's Miss Marple.
Miss Marple is a dear elderly lady who knits, drinks tea, and solves murders. She is just the cutest! I can't wait for the next dvd (from netflix) to arrive!
I have managed to create a little nest of sorts, to work on all things handwork. Crochet pictures were from a custom pincushion order that was mostly done while watching the Olympics.
Am I the only one sorry to see the the 2012 Summer Olympics come to an end? Did you have a favorite sport? We especially enjoyed the gymnastics, beach volleyball, running, and swimming.
On a side note. A plan for this week is to have my eyes examined. My lack of vision is past ignoring ...
But, how do I find just the right glasses?
I wish I could tuck you all in my pocket and bring you along to help me decide. I am so out of touch with trends. Simple, sweet and modest is pretty much my motto ... I hope they make glasses to fit that description!
Have a wonderful week.
xo






Trish....that basket of yarn is a bouquet for sure! Love the "granny squares"!! Thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics...same faves as yours plus the diving was amazing! The temps here (extreme S.E. MN) are forecast to be in the 70's F this week (Friday's high of 60!!!!). Those are autumn temps.....what's goin' on???? Record setting 90/100's to this! Not really complaining, just observing. Good luck on the glasses. The styles are all over the place right now (watch out for the super 'retro'...too trendy???). Have a great week! Hugs, Doreen
ReplyDeleteHi Trish! There are so many cute frames on the market so I know you will find the perfect pair! Love your little craft nest, it looks so comfy and cozy. I already miss the Olympics! Love the diving, gymnastics (especially the ribbon twirling) and swimming. I adore the Winter Olympics even more and am looking forward to Socci 2014! Happy Monday xoxo Debbie
ReplyDeleteMy 16-y-o daughter told me the other day that big black glasses are "in" - hope it helps ;)
ReplyDeleteWatching old movies is wonderful! Love all your yarn colors! I am going to give crocheting another try! What brand of yarn are you using, my little pincushion I got from your Etsy is so soft? Have a wonderful week!!
ReplyDeleteSince you're not used to glasses, you may like something rimless. I had a pair for a few years that I loved, but I caution you that they are not very sturdy. I replaced them with a pair of semi-rimless that seem as sturdy as regular rimmed glasses without just feeling like my whole face is covered with glasses.
ReplyDeleteI have been delving into old movies my self. Four Daughters, Four Wives, Four Mothers is a darling series. Your color choices are beautiful as ever...I have some lovely readers that I never go far from. My family calls them my Jazzy Glasses...Smiles...Renee
ReplyDeletePretty crochet!
ReplyDeleteI need an eye appt too. Right now I wear reading glasses from Walmart, but I need to move up to a prescription. Now looking forward to picking frames. Maybe we should go together? :)
Randi
Lovely post, Trish
ReplyDeleteI wear glasses occasionally and I have found the assistants in the opticians really helpful for advising on frames to suit your face shape- good luck finding that perfect pair!
And I LOVE your grannies. Great colours!
Have a happy week.
X
I absolutely melted when I saw your grannies posing next to that luscious basket of yarn! Such a lovely picture! I think I've seen every version of Miss Marple. She is a favorite of mine. And thanks for your help re:crochet.....working out nicely!
ReplyDeleteLove the grannies squares...so cute. Loved the entire post. I just got glasses and one of the ladies that worked at the office where I had my eyes checked helped me pick out a really nice pair of glasses. I hope your find some you really like.
ReplyDeleteI took my daughters with me to get frames. I got the hipser nerdy ones. I'm old but I'm not dead.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Miss Marple.
Mmmm, i just love those crochet colors! Finding the perfect glasses can be trying, but have fun with them! Try some on that you might think are outrageous, you might be surprised how cute they look:>)
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty grannies!! Love the cat eyeglasses!! I love the ones I wear and they are prescription,too! Hope you find the perfect pair for your pretty face!! Happy new week to you! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteOoooo I love Miss Marple, much more than Hercule Poirot! I fell in love with the English countryside through the Christie books that featured Miss Marple. Another series from PBS that I currently enjoy is "Rosemary and Thyme" - a pair of modern day gardeners who also solve crimes in England; my library carries their DVDs. Good luck with the glasses - so far I've been able to get away with the magnifying ones from Michaels...lol.
ReplyDeleteSmiles, DianeM
LOVE the little nesting space you're created for yourself and your handwork! Look at those lovely colors....can't wait to see them in real like....yummy goodness!
ReplyDeleteThe colors in these yarns are just luscious!! And I am in love with your quilt in the previous post. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the glasses... we are so lucky to have a wonderful girl at our local eye doctor who is so good at picking out glasses for everyone...I always leave it up to her!
ReplyDelete