August 12, 2012

scrappy quilt.

 
Just pulled my scrappy quilt out of the drier and had to show you.  It is so warm and snuggly with the flannel backing.  Perfect for fall and winter.
It's sort of funny how this one came about.  There was no real plan, what.so.ever, in making it.  I just sewed scrappy 3" squares together into blocks (7x7).  Before I knew it, there were enough blocks to make a quilt.  I added two blocks made of justs shy 5" squares, to the middle.  
For someone who prefers a plan for most things in life, this quilt was liberating to make.  Not to mention the hand quilting, which I am usually very picky about.  This time I let the crooked stitches stay.  It is just one of those quilts I guess.  
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  xo

25 comments:

  1. I really like this one, looks so cozy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy quilts are my favourite!! This one is awesome. It makes me so happy you are looking forward to fall cause that means spring is just around the corner for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Trish! I think scrappy quilts are my favorite! I think it's all the color that makes me happy! And I think they look like they want to be used and loved! Happy Sunday!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Perfect for cosying up on Winter evenings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, you can't beat a scrap quilt.

    Congratulations it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet it becomes a favorite! I find the less I had to spend on something, the more apt I am to "wear the tail off of it", as my Momma would say. I think it's why I love scrappy, too ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a wonderful quilt from the scrappy fabric to the hand quilting! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely lovely - and I love that you free-spirited making it! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pics make me want to grab that quilt.....the shadows so accentuate the wrinkly, coziness that is so perfect in a scrap pattern....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrap quilts are the best! I'm inspired to start one now. Yours looks so cozy and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this scrappy quilt...so snuggly and comfortable looking. I love that you just made it without a plan...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My unplanned quilts have always been my most favorite. Yours is beautiful.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving scrappy quilts and yours looks so soft and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes no plan is the best inst it ? I love your scrappy quilt it looks user friendly , able to wrap around myself and cuddle up with it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I truly love your organic stitching. That is my style. I also like how you made your swoon block into a table topper. What a great way to use a project that's lost steam.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is just beautiful. I have been doing a lot scrappy lately. Not really a plan feels good. Flannel on the back of a quilt is so cozy and soft.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Trish!! I love it and all the pretty fabrics!! It will definitely be perfect for fall!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your scrappy quilt!

    PS...your comment came up to win the giveaway on my blog...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the picture of the quilt hanging outside where you can see all its lovely crinkeliness! It turned out beautifully :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your scrappy quilt is beautiful & sure looks like it will be a favorite for snuggling under when the weather finally turns cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! It looks well-loved and worn already just because of your fabric choices and quilting! Amazing job, and hard to believe it wasn't planned!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've created an heirloom. I think about the quilt on my bed as a child and it was scrappy and kept me company. Someday this could be the same for someone and it might make them want to quilt the way mine made me want to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous Scrappy Quilt, just how I like them. A wonderful mix of colour and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful. The flannel backing must make it really cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.