August 4, 2012

odds and ends.

Burning an "autumn" candle only brings me that much closer to fall.  It is a season I long for.  Cooler days, plenty of outdoor time, working in the yard, baking more often, opening the windows to let the breeze blow through our home ... it just doesn't get any better than that.  
For now however, the longing continues, the a/c runs, the grass grows at a fast pace, the rain falls, and the flip flops are still on my feet.
My chubby half dresden pincushion is in full use.  
It makes me giggle every time I look at it.  I just want to say, "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!"  Like on "Despicable Me".
There is a new little crochet pincushion in the shop just waiting for a good home.  I will be working on several more for a custom order.  I just love making them!  So relaxing and perfect handwork while watching the Olympics.  We have thoroughly enjoyed the swimming and gymnastics!  Have you noticed all the mom centered commercials?  I may have been brought to tears a few times!
 
I cut my thumb while chopping strawberries, but this adorable little Hello Kitty bandaid makes it all better!  I hope I am not committing some age appropriate faux pas by wearing them, they are just so stinking cute!

have a lovely weekend
xo


13 comments:

  1. Hi Trish! I just bought some "fall" candles just because you mentioned it the other day:) I have a box of hello kitty bandaids in my cabinet, and no one in my house is under the age of 21 haha!! Love the pincushion! You've inspired me to play with Dresdens this weekend xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kitty always gives a smile, even on a boo-boo. Enjoy the candle in the teacup!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your new sewing machine !!Maybe if you sew enough you wont notice just fast Fall will get here ..I too long for Fall one of my favorite Fall movies is You've Got Mail!!!I like to watch it just to put me in the mood for pumpkins..

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAll! Aaaaaahgh! Not ready! Of course if it stayed nice in Michigan as long as it does where you live I might like it more! Hello Kitty does not have an age limit:>)
    Guess who (finally) finished the star quilt?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel out of sorts during August waiting for fall, for school, for change. Every time something happens this month I say "well, it's August". People tease me about it here. I agree with Kathleen, Hello Kitty does not have an age limit. What I can tell from that photo is that you have beautiful hands, I always notice people's hands. Yours tell me you are creative and bless others with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The commercials are so sweet! And the swimmers are just fantastic - each one of them singing the national anthem! I love it! Sorry about the finger :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck my husband wears HK bandaids when he has to. He is awesome like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I long for fall too...it's my absolute favorite season. Since it's August now I have a little hope that the very hot temperatures will soon be cooling down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish I love your pincushions. I am going to have head over to your shop. Sorry you cut your finger, but what a super cute band aid.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi we love fun plasters in our house and everyone is over he age of 16 yrs! Ps lve your

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops should read I love your crochet pincushions !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Dresden pincushion... almost as much as your Hello Kitty bandaid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.