August 14, 2012

a Christmas gift.

No one in my family pays much attention to my blog, so I can pretty much post just about anything, and no one knows the better.  Cool huh?!
I finished my shortcake quilt over a year ago.  She has been hanging in my closet, just waiting her turn to be quilted.
Whenever our daughter Katie comes to visit, she peeks behind the door to see if "her quilt" is still there.
Little does she know, it is not!  As a matter of fact, it is en route to the quilter, to be beautifully quilted just for her!
It will be so difficult for me to wait until Christmas morning to gift Katie her quilt.  I will have to exercise self control, otherwise she may end up receiving it much sooner.
Oh boy, and I have to share this amazing score with you.  Several months ago, I was able to find 5 yards of Pam Kitty Morning fabric on sale at 50% off!!  This is now the shortcake quilt backing.  Yay!  :o)
Fat Quarter Shop has a sale page and the prices drop as low as 50%!  Be sure and check it out!
It pays to save your money and wait for just the right price.  Sometimes it take a little bit longer.  But quilting can get expensive and I can't justify putting my family into debt.  So often times, things are slow coming.  Which is ok.  I tend to appreciate them more.  wink!

ps.  Sorry for the wrinkly quilt shots.  I took it out of the closet for a quick photo shoot before mailing off.

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes I am a little sad that more of my family members do not check in on my blog, but when I get to post about gifts in advance of giving them, I no longer mind! haha.

    Love this quilt! Your daughter will treasure this beautiful work of art.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. It is always so lovely to hear from my blogging friends even when I've been absent from for a while. Good to know I've not been forgotten.

    Thanks for the tip about Pam Kitty's fabrics. Am heading over to check those out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is looking great! Can't wait to see it all quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and what a great find to get that gorgeous fabric on sale:>) She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie is going to LOVE this!! What a great buy on the Pam Kitty and it will be adorable with the Ruby! Please show us the quilt when it returns home! I would love to have a quilt professionally quilted someday.... xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I can only imagine how gorgeous it will be after quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky katie!
    that quilt is a winner.
    she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fabric but fabric on sale is even better. I will wait it out just like you. Beautiful gift. No one pays any attention to my blog either.. Smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful! Love your choice of backings too!Your daughter will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful quilt...I can't wait to see it all quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful quilt!! Love the PK fabric!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pretty quilt! Your daughter is a lucky girl to be the future recipient of it. I think you should put me on your Christmas list!! Heehee. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, beautiful quilt, your DD is going to love this Christmas morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's just beautiful...she's going to flip! Love the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see it quilted. Would you mind taking me in as a daughter?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! Katie will be so excited on Christmas morning ~ if she has to wait that long!!! So glad you got such a fabulous bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is stunning! She will LOVE it! Hope to call you soon friend. Barn sale starts today through Saturday. I'm off and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Thrish My name is Ella my mom owns my4lilgirls.blogspot.com please become one of my followers (:
    Have a happy weekend
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie is going to be so happy. Her quilt is beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the design and the colors. I laughed when you said that your family doesn't read your blog.....either does mine!!! I just don't know why they aren't fascinated with it! Lol. I love how your daughter peeks behind the closet door to see if her quilt is still there. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.