July 9, 2012

fried.

(on the snack menu for today-has nothing to do with the post)
Amongst the electronics that were fried when lightening hit our house yesterday, is my sewing machine.  ghah.  The washer and drier gave off a terrible "burning wires" sort of stench at the initial hit.  Kinda scary unplugging them as lightening continued to pop around our house.  It's all good though.  No one was hurt and my sweet kitties were not napping on the washer/drier when the lightening struck.  Also, I ran both washer and drier this morning and they are both working.  Whew.  This could have been much more expensive.
Still no internet (I am at the local library on my lap top), no sewing machine (placed an order through Amazon - new machine will be at our house tomorrow), no tv or movies.  
Ya.  It's that kind of day.  
On a good note.  Nathan and I played marathon Uno games by a lantern and ate junior mints, last night. 
Making memories!   And we will be making those indoor s'mores today too.  Hopefully I can regain my dignity at some games of Uno today.  Nathan beat the pants off of me last night!

18 comments:

  1. oh dear! i hope everything gets sorted out soon and good luck with uno! i hope it isn't too hot! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully you are alright...wow, what a scare. Bless your heart for being such a trooper about it all.

    Take care sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 09, 2012

    The bad and the good side by side it seems..Im so glad you are all ok, isnt that what matters most right ? I often think, I dont care if my whole house burns down as long as all of us are ok alive to be able to begin again !! Is your new sewing machine he same Brother ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, that's scary stuff! Happy to hear you (and the kitties!) are all ok. Enjoy your snacks and good luck with the Uno re-match :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the sewing machine!!!! Glad you are all safe and that the damage was not more expensive. Enjoy your "Gilligan's Island" time ;) xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy vey. That is why my sewing machine is always unplugged when not in use. I would die if I lost my Bernina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the washer and dryer are ok, although if they smelled fried, I might be a little concerned that there was damage that might show up later.
    A Janome! Super cool! Is that a bit of a silver lining to the storm?
    Can you pass the s'mores please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So glad to hear everyone is ok...scary! Your Uno marathon sounds like alot of fun though :) Good Luck in the rematch ;P
    Smiles, DianeM
    P.S. - Enjoy your new machine too - thank goodness for Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Wow! You have a great attitude.
    Why did it have to be your sewing machine?:(
    So glad to know you have a new one on the way because some things in life are essential coping mechanisms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before my 'mass sewing' days, we used to get zapped ALL the time...I can't tell you how many computer modems I went through! Finally got my husband to plant about 6 lightning rods next to the house and that has seemed to remove the problem! Hope you like your new machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you are without a sewing machine....mercy! I don't know what I would do! But, I do know s'mores fix just about anything! Glad to know you're all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that everyone is ok! You reminded me of the time our house got hit by lightning when I was a child. I will never forget that sound and that smell. No sewing machine? That's painful! Love to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. What would I do without my sewing machine for a while. Glad to hear you are all okay. My Miss Claire beat me in Rumikub yesterday. I have completely lost my knack. Bet I could bribe her with some smores...Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear that everyone is alright.Sorry to hear about your sewing machine....hope your new one will work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankful you all are ok after the storm! :)
    Glad to hear you get a new machine out of the deal. Please tell how you like her when she arrives today. I am looking for a new one and I have no idea which one to choose. My daughter and I have a card game going right now called Trash. She wins most games. :)
    Hugs,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Too bad about your sewing machine....but a new Janome is awesome. My kids used to love it when the power went out. Playing games by lantern or candlelight is fun family time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJuly 10, 2012

    Blessings and speedy "back to 'normal'"! Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry about the lightening!! So glad you are all okay!! And, no sewing machine, oh boy!! ;) It is a good thing you are quite talented with hand quilting!! Hugs to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.