July 3, 2012

free shoes.

Budgeting has always been a way of life for my husband and I.  That sometimes means we do with out our want at the moment in order to reach our goal for the future.  
I am a pretty frugal shopper and wait for sales with list in hand, trying to stretch our pennies as far as they will go.
With that said, Kohl's often times has what is called "Kohl's Cash" deals.  You spent $50.00 and you get $10.00 in Kohl's Cash.  Last month I was desperate for ... well ... never mind.  And so I bought 6.  Ladies if you are following me, you know that prices of said item can be a bit steep.  It really worked out, buy one, get one 1/2 off.  In addition to that, I was able to earn $20.00 in Kohl's Cash.
I had my son go through the sale items on line and pick out something he has been wanting (a Nike work out shirt) and I was able to purchase these shoes for FREE.  
Aren't they too cute?!  If you know me in real life, you know how much I love gingham, and these will be such a fun shoe to wear, my feet covered in gingham.

Do you have any penny pincher tips to share today?  What methods do you apply to your budget to stretch your pennies?  I also love to barter.  Do you barter?

16 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I LOVE those shoes! So cute!

    I do barter. I have one friend that trades fabric for detailing my car. It's a necessary trade for both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish I am on my way to Kohls today with my Kohls cash in hand....Love your shoes...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute shoes! I can't say I am very frugal. With six kids and charities to support, money goes out as fast as it comes in! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore those shoes! So much so I will be going to Kohl's today!

    I'm very cheap, I don't buy anything I can make myself, and when I do buy, it's rarely without a coupon of some sorts.

    That isn't to say that we do without, it is more a means to an end.
    I frequent Thrift stores and yard sales for household items, books (when it's one we want to own instead of borrowing from the library) and clothing, We forgo costly data plans on our phones, that's why we have internet and computers, and If by couponing, I can keep the grocery Bill to under $150 a week for a family of 5 adults, we can afford for me to be a stay at home mom, and not be broke all of the time.

    I love to barter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess my biggest penny-pinching tip is patience, combined with stocking up, particularly when it comes to the grocery store. I'm HUGE about saving as MUCH there as possible (which, admittedly, is a little more tough now that it's 90+ degrees almost every day--sometimes up to 100!--and popsicles are an absolute must sometimes!). Anyway... patience. Waiting until spaghetti sauce is 75 cents a can (we use the super-cheap Hunts kind)... then stocking up and buying eight of them. That sort of thing.

    The other thing would be finding the "clearance" section at the grocery store - yes, they have them! Ours has one in the deli section, one for frozen, one for meats (including prepackaged/presliced meats), one for seafood, one for regular dry goods/non-perishables, and one for household items (phew! that's a lot of savings, lol!). We definitely check all of the spots EVERY time - we seldom buy meat that isn't 30 or even 50% off (only labeled as such because the sell-by date is the next day and they've got too much packaged up). We'll either use it the next day or freeze it. This is especially good since the clearance meat is usually also on sale - double discounts! ;)

    (too long of a comment?? sorry! I'm passionate about those pennies, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of barter. I will sometimes do a trade for something. I have a friend that is a painter and she's painted me 2 paintings that I love so much. I in exchange made her several quilts. I feel more pressure in those situations but I'm always open to it. I should be more frugal. I wish I was. My husband wishes it too. You're always a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shoes!! Great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are way too cute! I also love budgeting and bartering. A friend and I trade quilts for photography...she has taken some amazing pictures for me...and I have made 2 quilts so far for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable shoes! I am cheap about somethings, but refuse to skimp on others. ( I like good skin care, Nestle chocolate chips and only DelMonte Ketchup for our family). I rarely barter, but do crochet things for a friend and she share charm squares in return. My latest project is cutting up old t-shirts to make into rugs and outgrown clothes into quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trish!! ♥♥♥♥Those shoes :) Adorable!! I am sewing with gingham right now (taking a break) and it always makes me smile!!
    My best budget tip? Aldi. I am able to feed my family well for under $100.00 per week.
    xoxo and Happy 4th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeously cute shoes - and indeed, what a bargain! Well done :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Score!!! I love Vans, and I didn't know they came in gingham!!!
    Today I went to Joann's for magnetic snaps, and they were having a clearance on YARN. The Caron/Spa was on sale for $2.97ea. and the Caron/Joy was $1.97ea. I was so excited I almost forgot to get the snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your feet are covered in gingham...I love that! I also love to barter - I barter quilting for Pampered Chef pots & pans and for hair cuts - works for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet shoes!! Lovin' the gingham! Happy 4th of July to you and your family Trish! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, these are so adorable! I have to check Kohls now. You don't mind if we are twins do you? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.