June 2, 2012

my summer garden.

 
Our happy little garden is off to an amazing start.  We have several tomato plants, a couple bell pepper plants, sweet basil, and yellow squash.  
Woody is the king of fried squash and we long for when our squash is available!  I have plenty of corn meal ... just waiting for the event!  
Then there are the tomatoes.  Summer tomato sandwiches ... need I say more? 
And I can't leave out sweet basil. Nothing says summer like fresh pesto sauce!  Tossed with a little chicken and pasta.  Ya.  A little slice of heaven.
Every evening, I take a little stroll around my favorite blueberry bush and eat the ripest blueberries.  They are so sweet and yummy right off the bush!  And all though our trees are full of nests with the sweetest little chirps of baby birds, somehow, the mommas have left this blueberry bush alone.  Thank you mommas!  At times it becomes a race to see who gets to eat from it. 

What says summer to you??
We love to grill our meals and 
we eat a whole lot more salads.

17 comments:

  1. Fried squash sounds sooooo YUMMY!!
    Summer to me is flip flops and iced coffee!!! And corn on the cob....
    xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salads always say summer to me...and squash...I love it all! Your garden is just beautiful, and the blueberries look so wonderful! Yay for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in complete agreement with the pleasure of a fresh tomato sandwich. Good luck with your garden; it looks splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish!! Your garden looks wonderful! What yummy treats for summer!!Summer for me is strawberries, ice tea, and flip flops!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just catching up on your blogs.
    Yaaay! for home grown tomatoes and yellow squash. So glad you had a nice trip with Woody. I think your Swoon blocks are stunning. You should do more of them. You seem to finish quilt tops quite speedily, so I think they would be beautiful in a quilt. Happy quilting!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great, and those blueberry bushes...YUM! We planted spinach for the first time this year and it is looking great. I can't wait to make a salad with it and taste how much better it is fresh from the garden. We also grow carrots, green beans, tomatoes, onions, strawberries (picked the first few the other day...YUM!), basil and sunflowers. If it ever stops raining here, all the plants will just explode!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the tomato sandwich thing. I can't wait. This years crop looks to be very promising.
    Enjoy those blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish
    Oh what a nice, lush garden you have! Fried squash is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fried squash! When I was a kid we dredged it in flour and fried it in butter and oil. Couldn't get rnough, but it takes a long time to get it golden & crispy. Your garden is so far along and we havent planted yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks great...here in NJ my garden plants are about half the size...just afew flowers on my tomato plants for now...but I can't wait for the first Caprese salad...yum! Your quilt top came out beautifully :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  11. your little garden is looking delicious!! we do not have blue berries and would love to plant some eventually...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sun warmed blueberries off the bush are a little taste of heaven...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trish, Love your garden, so green and lush! So glad that you can get to your blueberries before the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJune 03, 2012

    Oh how lovely . We just had our 4 yr old grandbaby plant her herb seeds and we are so excited to her light up when the seeds begin to grow !!Basil, oregano and cilantro . Your garden look so good. I got my daughter in law Mrs Obamas new book as a momento also she speaks heavily about her garden in the WHitehouse.. Enjoy yours..Fried squash ? Can you tell me about it ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trish, Here's a great side to go along side any grilled meat. It's so flavorful! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/southwestern-black-bean-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Trish, Never had fried squash...I think I feel like I'm missing something yummy! Your gardens look lovely and so green! Summer for me is everything green, floral, ocean, cookouts, family, walks, good book, crafts and long days! Oh I truly love summer!
    xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely and productive your happy little garden looks, Trish! Lots of delicious meals will come from there! Summer for me is all about gardens and the seaside, eating outdoors, balmy evenings...and of course over here in the uk some summer rain!!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.