I have been feeling quite nostalgic lately. Reminiscing of childhood days gone by. Riding my bike all over town while my parents not being the least bit worried, sleepovers, and being able to hear the ice cream truck from a few blocks away. Just enough time to run into the house and hope the announcement would yield a few dollars for a treat.
With those dear memories floating around my mind, I then saw Amy's fabulous peppermint pinwheel dresden block tutorial. I took out my dresden ruler and began playing. There is a EZ Dresden Quilting Challenge, in September, where you create with the dresden ruler, and submit your quilts for judging. I have never done such a thing, and as much as I want to step out to do so, I am scared! I am one of those girls who does much better in the background. Of course I love a good challenge, but my heart is all a flutter, even now, and all I am doing is typing a post!
So, can I get your opinion? Should I do it? Is this a block you would want to see more of?

Yes! Do it! You have a great eye for color and pattern and your block will stand out for sure. I hope to see progress soon. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, cute ice cream cone! It's so fun!
This is totally cute. Go for it Trish!
ReplyDeleteCute!! Perfect for the season!
ReplyDeleteIt is darling. And original. I've never seen anything like it. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely YES! Your quilts are beautiful and this ice-cream cone is too delightful. I'm sure even just the experience of taking part in the challenge will be a good one. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute block! I say YES!! Adorable fabric choices too :) xoxo Debbie
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Go for it Trish.
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH…that is absolutely adorable and of course you should go for it! I would make this quilt for sure. I'm so proud of you! Do it! Submit it to Moda Bakeshop too! You are a pattern designer!!! I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable Trish, and yes, you should step out and do it! Take courage and believe in yourself....just soyou know, I believe in your talents Wholeheartedly!
ReplyDeleteAwww!
ReplyDeleteUmmmm, YAH! Are you kidding? THis is so original and I'm sure exactally what they are looking for! I have been racking my brain and havent come up with anything this original!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely "Moda Bake Shop" material!! Original, motivational (makes ME want to do it!), cute, darling, fresh.....need I say more????? Love it! Hugs, D
ReplyDeleteYes, such a sweet block! Love it!! Wishing you a beautiful day! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely. Your ice cream cone is so cute. You are very talented and I think you should enter.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Oh yes you should definitely do it! Your quilt block reminds of something Lori Holt would come up with :) - I LOVE her style and yours too :)
ReplyDeleteSmiles, DianeM
Yes...this is the cutest block...can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteOh this cone pattern is way too cute! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt work is just so amazing, next winter I hope to start quilting with my friend Margie. The prints that you use are so inspiring. Please do stop by my blog and visit sometime.
ReplyDelete