May 26, 2012

road trip.

Today was the perfect day for a road trip. So Woody and I left our country living and drove south to the Gulf Coast. Ocean Springs to be exact.
 
We ate fried shrimp po-boys at Porter Avenue Bistro.  It is my first po-boy and boy was it good! (remember my husband is a southern boy who married a north west coast girl)
We also found two quilt shops, thanks to my dear blogging friend CarolThank you Carol!!  The first one is in Ocean Springs, and is called Janet's Quilting Bee Inc.
The second is in Gautier, Mississippi.  Both shops were employed by the sweetest folks and were fun places to peruse. It felt so nice to actually walk into a quilt shop, see other ladies who are there with the same passion, chatting about their current projects.  I was incredibly spoiled by attending the Sewing Summit last October and visiting (for the first time) a few of the very cutest quilt shops I could have imagined!  I think I want to move to Salt Lake City just for the quilting fellowship and fabric stores!  Hmm.  How can we work that one?!

Ok, and because I could not leave the stores with out a little treat for you, please come back on Monday for a give a way!

21 comments:

  1. Trish, so good to see you and Woody out and having such a lovely day! I am sure the quilt shops were heaven. I, too, love to visit quilt shops when I take a trip away from home. Hope the rest of your weekend is just as splendid!

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy a wonderful area of the country. One I have been to many times as a child. Growing up in Houston. Eat as much of that wonderful food as you can get your hands on. Completely smitten with your quilting ventures...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day! I've never had a po boy, either...

    So fun to visit quilt shops wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute couple you are! I am so glad to hear that Woody felt good enough to go out and have some fun with you. It looks like a wonderful day:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post and the picture of you and hubby make my heart sing. I am so glad to see you both out and enjoying life. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish! I am so happy to see you and Woody having such a great time!! I have never had a po boy either and it looks dee-lish! Enjoy your time together!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trish!! So happy to see you both out having such a wonderful time!! The po-boys sounds soo good!! Have a blessed weekend!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woody looks great! Had I known you never had a poboy, I would have had one delivered to you at the hospital! E&L seafood on hardy street has really good ones :-). I was down in OS too today having a crawfish boil at my sister's house. Sound like we all ate well! And how nice to top it all off at janet's quilting bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so glad that you and Woody were able to get out and about! It's nice to have that happen for you both. Oh, and to tie in a happy day with a quilt shop visits, you must have been grinning from ear to ear!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  10. That truly seems like just the perfect day! I sampled the delights of a Po'boy when visiting New Orleans a few years ago - y.u.m.m.y.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a well deserved fun day for the both of you, and quilt shops just like adding sprinkles on top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousMay 27, 2012

    It's really nice to see you both out and about! I have absolutely no idea what a "po boy" is - don't think we have them in Scotland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a fun trip! My daughter and I are huge fans of Karen White's books, and in one of her recent books, "The Beach Trees", the character had a shrimp po'boy. We've never had them, but my DD has been hankering for one ever since she read the book, so when I called up to her that a blogging friend had a shrimp po'boy, she ran downstairs to see the pics. ;) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband looks great. I'm glad to see you have some fun for yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful day. So glad you could get away for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So wonderful that you two got out and enjoyed some time together. I love the picture of you both! So glad Woody was able to go! It's been awhile since I have been in a quilt store, it's just great being around like-minded women with the same passion for fabric and quilting. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful happy picture of you both, Trish! So glad you had a lovely day out together.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful getaway! You two look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great photo of you and Woody. What treasure it is after what you've been through.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! I grew up in OS! Did you go to Tato Nut for the AMAZING donuts? YUMMY!!! On our trips to Florida, if possible, we stop off for my kiddos to have a taste! No where in the world have I found better donuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.