May 1, 2012

no. 5 and no. 6

I was able to work on a couple more granny squares And I could not resist adding another row of sashing.
I am truly debating on making a giant quilt of these, but they are a bit finicky to make, so it is still in the the pondering phase.
With the weather heating up like it has lately (it was 87 degrees yesterday ... ugh), I am certainly not in a big hurry to get back outdoors.  And with that said, hopefully, the other three blocks will be completed soon.
Have a nice week.
xoxo

15 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better every time you post new pics!! I'm loving that pink sashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty, not your usual colors but they look great! You have a lot done already:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I love how you are already starting to put them together as you go!! Very smart!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish,
    I love your blog and am a new follower. I am making a granny squares quilt too. They are so addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them...I'm trying to decide how many to make, too...I have 6 now...and keep going back between 9, 12, and 16 total!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you said they were a bit finicky to make. I made one and it was less than stellar, so I took it apart and made something else with the fabric. Now I will try again...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Trish and beautifully made! I love the colours and the effect of the granny squares all together. Hope your poor kitty comes back.
    Wishing you a happy (cooler) week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! Today is our 43rd wedding anniversary. Want to read how we met? elainepack.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am a bit jealous of your weather... it is 50's and windy... not fun! so, we are both inside. you because of the heat and me because of the chill... love your grannies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 03, 2012

    I love your colour combinations and design sense.

    And I've been hoping and hoping you will have good news for us about poor Thomas...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks Trish...and I can see a lovely quilt in the making here...I love the colours too...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so adorable, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've bordered your g.s's with the little block. I'm sure this little deviation in layout will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do such great work. The colors and fabrics are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.