May 31, 2012

binding.

 waste not want not.
I was able to create the binding for my hopscotch quilt by using left over Ruby and Hideaway fabrics.  Strips were cut to 2.5" and then sewn together in a continuous row.  Now for the backing ... I would really like to stick with solids.  Hmmm.  We will see!

16 comments:

  1. Love scrap bindings - I think they really add to the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love scrappy bindings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eu gostei disso,faça vai ficar maravilhoso.beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see what you are working on. You know I adore your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pieced bindings are my absolute favorite and then striped. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scrap bindings, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to frame such a lovely quilt!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Trish, can't wait to see the finished masterpiece.
    Was away on Hols & am just back so I was browsing your lovely blog, have to say the pic of you & your loved one is gorgeous, you both look so happy & cute :)
    Lots of love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how much I ♥ scrappy bindings!!! You are inspiring me to do one on my next quilt!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What yummy leftovers! Hooray for scrappy (and happy) binding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Trish! Can't wait to see what the binding looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, what a cute idea! It's going to look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea Trish!! I should give that I try!! Looks fun, and I am sure looks so lovely on the quilt! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trish
    I like your philosophy!
    It will make neat trim, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, it will look fab on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love interesting bindings. This one is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.