April 7, 2012

connecting the dots.

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding my happy blogger quilt.  It was such a joy to create and it makes me smile each time I see it.
I am really trying to finish projects that have been placed aside for one reason or another.  Do you have some of those too?  My seeing stars quilt was no exception.  The hand quilting was finished this morning and now onto the binding.  How did something so special to me get pushed to the back burner?!  I can hardly wait for it to be finished and pulled out of the drier after a good washing.  All that warm crinkly goodness!

Wishing you a Happy Easter.
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. This quilt does indeed make me smile-I love all your fabric combinations. I have a quilt I need to get the binding on soon; we leave for vacation this week and when we get back I imagine we'll be searching for a new puppy and then who knows what else.
    Have a great Easter and thanks for sharing and for encouraging us to get a move on.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it's a good feeling to pull out something that has been taking up space and finish it! I have a few quilts that are just waiting for a date on the longarm and then I can finish them!

    A blessed Easter to you too!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. That. Quilt!! Good job for finishing it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's so cheerful and screams "summer is coming!!!"
    Happy Easter to you and yours, Trish!
    Hugs, kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars!! Such beautiful hand quilting!! I am going to attempt to hand quilt the baby quilt I have been working on. We'll see how it goes!! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Trish! There is that beautiful quilt you made that I adore so much! I actually have a little red white and blue stash going to make one for myself. Finally! Thank you for showing me again. After I get the baby quilt done I am working on...maybe I will begin on it. So many projects so little time..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely starts quilt Trish. Love all the colors. Have a wonderful Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn I love this quilt! After a brave start of hand quilting my own star quilt, it sits in the bedroom waiting tobe finished! Sigh,,,I think I am just a little intimidated. I have to finish it becasue every time Ilook at it I love it and look forward to using it. If only there were a few more hours in the day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh la la la. What a fabulous quilt you have made there. :D... WiPs on teh shelf? I have many. I am a great starter but an awful finishing offer. At the moment I have about 6 quilts to finish, 3 pillow cases, a table runner, slippers, bag, and half a dozen try out blocks lying around... And yesterday I just started on something new again. I should really just focus on finishing one project a week to get rid of the guilt that comes with it. :D Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I do the same thing all the time then determine to finish stuff before starting more! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! You are on a roll! I need to get on my w.i.p.s I have so many that just need to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter Trish!! I adore this quilt and love the hand quilting! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a cross stitch project to finish for my daughter-in-law and I keep doing a little at a time. It's a lot harder on my eyes than I remember (wonder why that can be?!!) I love your quilts and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You put such happy pieces together with RED, how can you not smile? It's a sweet finish, thank you for sharing!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yippee! I saw my square on your Blogger Quilt on the previous post! Such a great idea you had. It really is wonderful. Way.to.go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is beautiful Trish...It's such a good feeling to finally finish a project and this is such a treasure...I just love the design and the colour combinbations!
    Hope you have had a lovely Easter,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt!!! The fabrics you have used are beautiful. It's nice to see that you have had time to sew. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great quilt and your hand quilting adds special touches...and yes, I do have a quilt on the back burner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.