February 11, 2012

granny stripe blanket and care packages.

 
It may be some time before my sewing machine turns back on, so my creative tendencies have camped on my granny stripe crochet blanket.  The pattern comes from Lucy at Attic 24.  
My blanket sort of reminds me of jelly beans.  As a child, my parents put jelly beans in our Easter baskets and it was always a treat to find a few that had fallen beneath the green plastic grass, after eating all the others.
The blanket is still in need of a few more rows and a happy scallop edge boarder.  My whole world would be decorated in scallops if given the option!  Are they not the sweetest addition to everything?  Right up there with rick rack, pom pom fringe, sweet little calicos and gingham.
I have received some very dear goodies in the mail this past week that brought smiles to my face and warmth to my heart! 
the sweetest garland in my favorite colors
and darling cupcake papers are from 
my dear friend Kathy at Kathy's Cottage
I just adore the banner and can hardly wait to spoil my family with some home baked treats, and these dear papers will make them even more special!
My dear friend Vanessa from V and Co. 
sent her new book and lovely fabrics. 
I can.not.wait to create Vanessa's projects and also play with the fabrics!
I want to make Amanda Jean's "fraternal twins" quilts using them.
My dear friend Amy mailed the sweetest package.
These adorable fabrics could not be more precious.
I would love to make her scrappy nine patch mini quilt using them.
And my dear friend Shann mailed the softest heart banner, yummy chocolate coffee (which I will be brewing as a special Valentine's treat for Woody and I), adorable cupcake papers and chocolate treats which I immediately blessed my son with, who has been my right hand man through my husband's recovery.
I wish I could give you each a great big hug and tell you thanks in person!  These blessings were so unexpected and brought sunshine to some rather gray days.
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
xoxoxo

12 comments:

  1. Your post is so fresh and colourful this morning, it's puts me in a happy mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'hooky' as Lucy would call it, is just lovely! I see jelly beans too! All your pics are so cheerful!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Trish! So beautiful spring blanket! Love-love-love!!! Your gifts are treasures :o) I`m so happy for you :o)
    Hugs (every day think about you and your husband, rigth now my kids ask about him-saw your blog :o)
    Natasha & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish! Your granny stripe is scrumptious and how lovely to receive such wonderful care packages!! Hope all is well xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clearly have a good number of people who care about you dear friend! What lovely gifts and fabrics:>) Sending wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for Woody too. I love that striped blanket! What size hook do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you alternated white with the colors in your blanket, So pretty!! Have fun playing with all your new goodies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love your blanket. You have received some really great gifts. Hope you sweet hubby is recovering. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new stripy blanket is so gorgeous, and the colours do look fresh and bright like jelly beans! What lovely (and so well deserved) gifts you have received, Trisha...I love them all!
    I hope your husband is doing well. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post. I know you feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like so many fun things! I love the crochet. I've been SO busy that I haven't been on any blogs for ages, but did take a little time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blanket! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern, I was wondering about it when I saw your other post. Lucky you to get all of those goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE how bright and cheery that blanket is! And so many fun pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.