January 16, 2012

a question for you.

 Bless your hearts.
As many questions as I ask you ladies.
What are your thoughts on quilt kits being sold, with blocks already made?  The blocks pictured are not fully pieced yet.  I have 42 of them, just waiting for the last bit of sewing, and then could be made into a quilt.  The one purchasing the blocks has the option, at that point, to either put a border around each block or leave as is. 
I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas.  I look forward to hearing them!

8 comments:

  1. I would not be interested, as I want to do the whole quilt process myself, but I can see someone just getting into quilting being interested. A lot less overwhelming to start with something partially completed. Same thought process as buying pre-cuts, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pieces of Cotton!! This would be great for certain people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for me, I can see than people short of time would want the satisfaction of making it up. And they could do whatever size they wanted. How about offering different multiples of blocks? Say for a baby quilt, a lap quilt or a full bed size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of it before, but it would be great for someone short on time who needed to get a quilt completed. I don't know if I'd buy one unless I really liked the colors. I love the idea of the precuts of one line of fabric so it will work together tho. So maybe this would be a fun way to do a quilt. Hummm....maybe I should send you my fabric and you could sew blocks.........

    Stop at my blog if you haven't in the last day or so for a giveaway. Thanks Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish
    I think it's a good idea. There are
    people, like me, that don't think they are very good at putting fabrics together. and I'm sure otheres that work and don't have the time to do the whole quilt process.
    Give it a try-you never know what others will buy until you try it.
    Blessings-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm..I'll have to think about this. I'm not sure. Hope you are having a good start to your week dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Trish! Never make my own quilt yet. I realy want to try, but without sewing mashine it`s too dificult for me :o)
    P.S.Please, came to join my giveaway :o)
    Hugs
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure. I think that there are so many different colors and pattern combos that it would be difficult to match someones personal taste up to what you offer. On the other hand if there is one thing I've learned on etsy it is that whatever you make it has a good chance of appealing to someone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.