December 13, 2011

a pretty place for my coffee cup.

(edit: was originally posted 12.10.11)
After eating our family night pizza, and while watching a recorded episode of The Mentalist, I crocheted this little cozy.  I have really loved working with cotton yarn.  So much so, that I bagged up all my acrylic yarn and passed it on to my knitting daughter.  I have been blessed with a nice amount of acrylic yarn, so that should keep her busy in her knitting.
At first I thought it would be fun to put my Christmas candle holder on the cozy. 
But then decided it would be best suited in my sewing room, as a pretty little coaster for my coffee cup.  Which looks like it could use a little bit more creamer and less lip marks around the edge.  Sorry about that!

It has been quite chilly these past few days (leaping for joy) and perfect weather to tuck away.  I hope each of you are keeping warm and enjoying the blessing of the Christmas season. 

There are some snuggly warm scarves in my etsy shop, just waiting for a loving home.

22 comments:

  1. Aw, I bet your coffee tastes even better when drunk from this pretty coaster!

    Have a lovely time gearing up for Christmas, Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute coaster! The colors match your mug perfectly. I think it was meant to be. : ) I hope you have a cozy stitchy day Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and I love that cup! Cath Kidston?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a yarn stash clean out too! Cotton yarn is the best and your coaster is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that coaster! I love cotton yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I love it. You really inspire me.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable!!!! Great job. I can't believe that you created that so fast.. I am terrible with yarn!
    Don't you just love that Patrick jane ~ Hottie! : )

    have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little coaster ,it looks lovely with your mugx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coaster is so sweet! You are so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours of your pretty little coaster...the edging is so sweet too. Enjoy all your cosy times.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bet your coffee tasted like heaven too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i bet your coffee tasted like heaven too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are soooo pretty. Love them and really enjoying your blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Trish! Thank you for coming to see me at Simplify and leaving me such a nice comment. I love your blog. I will be back. Cute coffee coaster! And I hand quilted my very first ever quilt! Loved the process!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute coaster..I made an entire throw once with those granny squares.
    Wonder where the heck it is....
    Adorable cup, too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet. I don't crochet, but appreciate the beauty. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What I wouldn't give for your talent!!! Love it!!! I'm excited to be your newest follower and hope that you'll return the "love" on your net visit!

    XO,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. …....... /)
    ……... ( , )
    ….….|░░░|
    ……..|░░░|☆ Feliz _(♥)_
    …..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨Navidad.
    .¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨y
    …¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨Año Nuevo.
    …¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
    *♥*.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cute little coaster. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.