October 22, 2011

well hello fall.

If I could live outdoors ... I would!  Growing up in Northern California, our family camped every summer.  Multiple times.  And my greatest memories are laying in a sleeping back, flat on my back, with a pillow, under the stars.  Heaven I tell ya!  Of course, smelling coffee brewing, chopped ham and eggs cooking, in the morning was a very close second!
So.  Now I live in the south.  And though it affords plenty of charm, it is hot in the summer.  Like hades hot.  And often times it rains.  So any (enjoyable) out door times typically happen in the fall.
Hence, crocheting on the porch this morning with my cup of coffee near by.  A little nip in the air, but it is so pleasant, which makes it almost impossible to get me back indoors!  
So now.  I am making new memories, during this chapter of my life.  Instead of camping in the summer, we build bon fires in the fall.  
 It's a wonderful life.

20 comments:

  1. Fall is most excellent. Especially when you can enjoy working with a hook and yarn early in the morning. Have a great weekend Trish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely brings to mind that saying, "Bloom where you're planted". There is beauty every where if we're willing to open our eyes and our hearts to it. Your squares are beautiful! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. it gets hot here too in the summer....I enjoy the evenings of summer outside, but I love the fall days. Your granny squares are so fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I prefer living in a place where you have all the four seasons. It is like my body and soul needs the change and I have been longing for fall for quite some time now. Fall came about a couple of weeks ago, a little bit delayed compared to other years. But ooh how I love this time of the year when I can snuggle up in my sofa with my yarn, just like you. Fall is a time for slowing down a bit. Reflect and settle in. Your new project looks lovely already. Me myself are working on something Christmassy. Already! More about that over at my place later on. Enjoy your new life and the building of new memories. Life is wonderful.

    PS So glad to hear you are keeping your table runner. Good choice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is by far my favorite time of year - it is a lovely time to go hiking with my boys. Great colors in your crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful life! Especially when you can spend your morning doing something you love! Happy Fall Trish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great memories! Looking at your lovely crochet works reminds me that I seriously need to work on my technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, look at those pretty colors! I love good fall weather like you are getting right now. Cold and blustery though? Hmmm, well I like making the house cozy with candles and baking:>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love to see that basket full of granny squares. it is my dream to make one for myself one day. i am slowly learning... i also love this time of year. it is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are darling little granny squares!

    Ha! And even the word verification below says... pratches! It likes them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhh....so nice! wish i had time to do just what you're doing! love the pics and the post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think fall is finally here in northern Cal. too! Perfect crochet weather. Looks like you're making another one of your pretty granny scarves. I love the color combo with the cotton yarn. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun basket of granny squares

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a wonderful life!! Fall is a great time to get those crocheting needles moving! I love your squares.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks beautiful and your crochet colours look so glad!

    I think everyone should get outdoors everyday, it really puts things into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors you chose for your squares, how very soft and pretty they are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. those colors are gorgeous! I feel the same way about the weather her in NC. It's too buggy and humid hot all summer. Grilling season starts in October!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Living in California certainly has its perks, doesn't it? I often wonder if I would like living in the south - and lately we have even talked about the chances of maybe moving there...maybe. Reading your story about camping in the woods brought memories back for me. You are right, being outdoors and smelling the food cooking takes on a new sense, one of pure enjoyement.

    LOVING your squares! Such wonderful colours!!!

    :) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you're enjoying the beautiful fall. It's my favorite time of year - don't want it to end! Your crocheting is beautiful. (And I love that mug! Is it Cath Kidston? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. these colors are so delicious- it makes me want to go buy yarn right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.