October 15, 2011

weekend reading.

Oh my goodness.  I *love love love* this magazine!  Every page is full of ideas and the photography is fabulous!  As part of Vanessa's photography class, we were all to look through magazines that were handed out, notice pages we liked and define why.  Then at the end of class, we were all gifted with the magazines!  Wasn't that so sweet? 
Here is a fantastic book, I have never seen before.  I actually won it (in one of the bajillion special give a ways at The Sewing Summit).  It is just packed with fun ideas for blocks that can be made into mini quilts as well as larger ones.
I took Amanda's class on making mini quilts.  That girl is so creative!!  And super fun!   I think all of us left out of her room determined to make mini quilts!  I know I sure am!!  :o)  What a fun way to show off those tiny scraps of fabric that you love and are unwilling to part with, not to mention, I would love to learn different embroidery stitches and would be fun to do it on a much smaller scale.
Here are some samples of what she has created:
 this is a note book cover-look at those tiny stars-I believe they are paper pieced-note to self ... 
learn paper piecing!



this was my absolute favorite
see that star in the center?
not a fabric scrap ... it is also paper pieced
and super tiny pointy points
...swoon...

Here are a couple of the name tags that ladies made and hung in the front of the class, that just stole my heart ... how cute are they??

10 comments:

  1. I am going to look for that magazine this weekend..looks great! Those name tags are soo cute. You have come away with so many wonderful things from this trip, there's no end to the things you will be coming up with in the future! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about the sewing summit. Love seeing everyone's creative name tags. Looks like a great time! I just picked up that book recently.. haven't made anything yet, though..will have to check out that magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really great to meet you at the Summit! I hope you have got your voice back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magazine looks so cute, I'll have to look for it. Mini quilts sound fun for trying new things, and yes the name tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sewing gatherings are so inspirational. When you come home you really need a week or so of nothing but sewing time just to let all those ideas escape.
    The magazine looks very interesting.
    Have fun with all the new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun ideas for name tags...and they are a great way to show off your taste in fabrics, and some fun stitches, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think my big fingers could handle the mini quilts, but they are sweet!
    I knew you'd come home inspired, Thanks for sharing your new ideas.
    I am needing some for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mini quilts are on my to do list for christmas gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a fun magazine, and it sounds like you had fun at the sewing summit, and oh! Those quilts are so cute, and so are the name tags! :)

    I hope you are having a fun weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again! That was my comment above, but I was logged into my other account! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.