October 21, 2011

one down. one to go.

Yay!  I made it!  I actually finished a project this week.  Actually I had intended to have both quilts completed, but lo and behold, I am still binding the second one.
 I had originally posted about these quilts here.  They were intended for Christmas presents.  However, I changed my mind.  We can do that, right?!  :o)

There are two special little girls, sisters, who these quilts are now intended for, and my Christmas gifts will be something a little bit different, for the ones these quilts were intended for.  :o)  Whew ... how's that for a long explanation?!

There is still time to enter my little give a way.
Winner will be randomly chosen in one week.

I am linking to:
Finish It Up Friday

25 comments:

  1. Love all those shades of pink and green Trish! It will surely be loved no matter when it is given. I'm sure you will have the other quilt finished this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and green are my two fav colors right now, so I LOVE that quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt and pillow...love them both. And yes, we're allowed to change our minds on handmade gifts items....for sure! (if not, I'm in serious trouble! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! I love the colors and fabrics you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is gorgeous and I LOVE the dresden pillow!!! Can't wait to hear what you are making as the "new" Christmas gifts...
    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia
    Why have I been writing Trish? Do you go by that too?
    That is the most beautiful quilt. I like the way there are squares within a square. Do you lay those a top or do you cut out and sew within the square? I'm sure that question was as clear as mud!
    Anyways, I love it and know it will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is great! And whoever is the reciepeint will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveo the colors of this quilt! It's very sweet
    Besos
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! And if you're already onto the binding on the second, you can practically consider it finished, too. ;o) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours in this quil ~ perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so gorgeous! I'm in love. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt and the pattern. May have to try that real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful. Love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so colorful and pretty! Such special gifts that they will always cherish! Hope you are having a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, happy quilts. They will be well loved by whomever receives tham. And the Dresden plate pillow.... love it. That is one of my favourite quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors on your newly finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so lovely. You have such a good eye for color combos. I don't know how you part with all of them they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that pillow, and the quilts are a pattern I have been wanting to try. I'm still finishing up some quilts, and then on to some like these:>)

    ReplyDelete
  20. adorable quilts!!! it makes me want to give that pattern a try again. :) i love that you made one pink and green. it's hard to go wrong with that color combo!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the quilt and the dresden pillow! (and the white bed!) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.