October 3, 2011

a little sewing.

With my upcoming trip to The Sewing Summit
I was wanting to have a few bags to tote a long with me.
For starters, I made this dirty clothes bag out of a thick cotton pillow case and draw string (also made by me).  I found the tutorial over at In Color Order.  You can find Jeni's tutorial here
A bag for my shower shoes.  It can actually be reversible, but I really like it just the way it is.
Here is another draw string bag that will house my hand quilting, for the plane ride.
I really love this one.  The colors are so soft and pretty.  The lining is a very favorite sheet that I have managed to use in a dozen different ways ... and ... I still have left overs!!  The fabric on the outside is from a recent trade mentioned here.
Here is what I will be working on in flight.  The lines are drawn where I want my stitches to go, just needs pinning to the back.  The stitches will be in brown, and thought it would be a fun, little, soft, fall touch.  (do you think I have enough adjectives there?!)
And last but not least ... a covered note book to fill over the weekend, with lots of neat ideas and helpful
hints, so that I may quilt better, blog better, and photograph better.  That is my goal anyhow!  It still needs some embellishments.  Will show you what I decide on.
On a side note : I lit my little candle.  I love the scent (Autumn-Bath & Body Works) and can hardly wait to give one away to you ... as well as this adorable candle holder.  We will be twins.  ha ha ha ... remember that in the 8th grade??  
Don't forget to enter my give a way below!!

linking to: 
Fresh Poppy Design

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about the summit trish! You have been so busy making all these cute things! I bet you'll come back with your head just spinning and full of ideas:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish
    Are you saying that you are going to be quilting on the plane?
    You are truly a marathon quilter!
    I like adjective too, as you can see and lots of exclamation marks!
    I think all of your bags are sweet and will come in handy for your travels. Have loads of fun-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish! Looks like you are more than ready for Sewing Summit! The bags are great and I love your quilting project. Can't wait to hear about all the cool things you jot down in your notebook!!
    P.S. Told ya that Autumn smells delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sewing summit sounds like so much fun...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous but excited for you. You are so organized and everything looks so pretty. Have fun and be sure to take lots of notes to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt!! Have fun at the sewing summit :)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love those bags.
    Your little square for the giveaway will be winging it's way across the Atlantic very soon..
    Have a good trip.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for visiting me the other day...love that little owl! Great bags as well...hugs for a happy Tuesday..love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that candle too. My new fall fave. You are so productive. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bags are a great idea! Such pretty colors. And your quilt is going to be beautiful! Have fun at the summit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the handmade bags! And the new quilt top!
    Have a great time at the Sewing Summit and then come back and tell us all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of it.. the fabrics that you used are gorgeous!!!
    Have fun at the summit.
    Have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your autmuny toned quilt and the fabric cover for the journal! Such a cute candle too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pretty and i can't wait to hear all about the fun times you have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your 'dirty clothes' bag! It's so pretty! So fun to meet you! Did i say that already. It was so surreal and I'm still recovering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.