October 17, 2011

debating.

 this is my very favorite hand quilted item 
I have ever made
and I am debating on placing it in 
I value your opinion and ideas
(in many ways I have come to rely on them)
Do do you think others would see this as a charming table topper and one they would like to own? 
A few thoughts before I list:
I thought I might run a price by you.  
I am going to ask $40.00 + $5.00 for shipping 
I hope that isn't tacky, 
talking such personal details through my blog.  
But my heart is so deeply attached and I would love 
to hear your thoughts on the matter.  

22 comments:

  1. Personally Trish, I would keep this one for yourself. You can always make another to put in your shop. You know you would be heart broken if you got rid of it. I would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it! Your quilting stitches are beautiful - so even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new here. I've met you only a few days ago... , but I say keep it! If you have the doubt it means something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it and make something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep this one. You can always make another like it for your shop, and I would machine quilt it for your shop! You would never be able to recoup the time it takes to hand quilt in your item price. Just my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a cute topper. I would hate to part with such a cute one. But, someone else would love it too! If you aren't really sure that it is something that you will use again and again, you might just sell it to someone who would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say keep this one and make a another much like this one. This might be you niche. I think the price is right, a non quilter will think it is a steal. You might try some seasonal table toppers, everyone needs things for the upcoming holidays. So get you little fingers ready, you are coming into a good season for selling. Be sure to show a close-up of your stitches, that sells the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the other ladies- keep it in the family. I bet it makes you smile every time you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it and make something like it for your shop. If it's your favorite, then you have to keep it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with everyone else--keep it. This is really beautiful, and the hand stitching is perfect. I don't know what size it is, but I feel like $40 is low.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I would keep it & make another for the shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my dear friend, keep it! Gift it to yourself. You can always make something else for the shop. Listen to your heart...and your hands. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear. Don't give away something that you treasure this much. I totally agree with the above. Keep this one, make a machine quilted copy for the shop. My husband always says to charge more for my quilts when I get a custom order, but even though people love handmade items it is hard to get the full worth of the love and work you put into it in a price. This piece is gorgeous. i am sure someone would by it but you will probably regret it as it has a sentimental value as well. It is absolutely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would keep and treasure it and make another one for the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trish you have to keep this wee treasure for yourself, make another for the shop. Sometimes its just nice to be able to treasure something!!!
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the price is right for a hand quilted topper. I have found that the things that sell best in my shop are the ones that I love the best! I put them in with the thought that if it sells I can always make another and if it doesn't, lucky me! I get to keep it:>)Win win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda NicholsOctober 18, 2011

    if you love it, you should keep it. Make a similar one for your shop. I'm sure someone will buy and your price isn't unreasonable for such a sweet item made with such care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trish
    I think it's unanimous you should keep this one. You can make something similar for your shop, if you like. I wouldn't part with it, it looks perfect with your family photo on it-like their meant just for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous! If you love it that much - keep it!!! The hand quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You need to keep this one! Make another or something similar to sell. This one means so much to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you love it, you should keep it. It's so pretty and with hand quilting, at that price it will be snapped up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I husband always tells me...if it's irreplacable, keep it. I'm a little late reading this post, but I sincerely hope you kept it for yourself. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.