October 5, 2011

be still my heart.

Oh boy.  I am just going to say it.  I am nervous.  
I fly out tomorrow for The Sewing Summit and on one hand am over the moon giddy that I am going.  On the other hand ... well ... I am nervous.  Not about the flying (I love to fly), not about the traveling (I love to travel), it is the "being there" that has my heart all a flutter.  I hope I don't chicken out and spend the weekend in my room (just kidding - I would never do that - however the thought has crossed my mind).  I have packed and repacked my clothes.  I have become a bit of a country mouse these past few years and now I feel like I am heading to "the big (chic) city" and well, that sort of scares me a bit.  Not the city itself (I have a good sense of direction and not in the least bit worried about getting lost), it is the mingling amongst those who I have admired from a far.  And when I get nervous, I do one of two things.  1.  Shut down and just observe and not say a word (which may appear conceited).  2.  Won't shut up and say too much (which may appear prideful).  Oy!

Say a prayer, will ya?!

22 comments:

  1. I will say a prayer. I think it is only natural to feel this way and you are probably not alone in being a bit nervous, you may be surprised who else is if the truth be known. Maybe you could just tell yourself "I am here to have fun and that's what I'm going to do"! - We will be looking forward to the fun report when you get back!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying one right now. I shut down too. Kind of try to blend into the woodwork when I'm in an uncomfortable situation. But you are going to enjoy yourself and learn so step out and fly my friend! Remember, I couldn't go so I'm counting on you to share what you lerned when you get back:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'LL BE FINE>IT'S A 'GOOD NERVOUS'!
    HAVE A GREAT TIME!
    BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers heading your way!! I have a feeling you are going to have the time of your life and that you will laugh at yourself for being so nervous :) Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray you'll have a fantastic trip and you'll be comfortable just being your wonderful self! Enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying a prayer for you but I know you will be fine. Have fun and take lots of pictures to post when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trish
    I will say a prayer-that you will be relaxed and comfortable in just being yourself. I just know we're going to hear how it all turned out to be such fun and a blessing!
    Can't wait to read your post once you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope you have a wonderful trip. i'll be thinking of you.

    xo
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, hon. I am so saying prayers for you...!
    There will be time for you to be quiet and a crowd-watcher, and then you'll meet someone and there'll be no stopping the chatter!
    Just go with the flow and don't be too hard on yourself!
    It sounds just wonderful.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what? All those people you are going to see... they are nervous too! Enjoy yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun!!!! :)
    You are going to be such a blessing to all those ladies at the Summit. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Sending prayers for you friend. :)
    Hugs and smiles,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying...I know you will do wonderful! Enjoy yourself and come back with lots of pictures and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. from our many chats, i know this was a big step for you. heck - it would be a big step for me!!! i must say i was surprised when i saw you were going but i was oh so happy for you and proud of you for stepping out into 'the crowd' to meet all those people we 'rub shoulders' with! can't wait to hear all your stories and see all the pictures! have fun, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Said a prayer for you. You will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you are going to have a fabulous time Trish!...Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you are going to have a fabulous time Trish!...Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Trish,
    I know excatly how you feel...I do the same thing. But I know you'll do just find. Have a wonderful and safe trip and have tons and tons of fun. Enjoy.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the Sewing Summit goes really well for you, Trisha. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time when you get there and all your nerves will be forgotten!
    Look forward to hearing how you got on.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You will have an amazing time...I just know it....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You will have a great time!!!! Just be yourself and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, lucky you....hope you'll post about the wonderful time you had when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.