September 16, 2011

what would you do

I am leaning toward putting a white border all the way around my seeing stars quilt top.  What would you do?
Here is the backing fabric.
Thanks so much for your thoughts.
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I would definitely put a thin white border to outline and define it AND THEN another border, a bit thicker in a darker color or print. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will look nice whatever you decide. I am not a fan of borders in general, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its darling!

    What about a scrappy boarder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I LOVE your quilt! Beautiful work and choice of fabrics, and you can never go wrong with stars! I agree with Jenn, I would put a thin white border and then another border, (possibly one of the medium to darker blues or reds). My eye always wants the border to be like a frame is to a picture. Can't wait to see it finished. Good job! BTW, your granny square scarfs are so fabulous! Have you seen the G.S pillows on selvageblog.blogspot.com? They are so fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes a thin solid border would be great and then a scrappy border around that, maybe! Oh I don't know! I am sure whatever you decide will be amazing and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the other ladies. A white border, and then either a scrappy or red gingham check binding. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A white border definitely Trish and a pretty red binding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish
    I have to agree with most of the other gals. Your stars are too special to just accent with white alone. I think a patchwork of the same fabrics or one of the brighter fabrics alone.
    I'm sure whatever you decide-it will be just right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll add my two cents worth and agree with everyone, white with a darker border. This is the same dilemma I have been struggling with for my star quilt, done in reds and blues like yours, very little white. So you go trish so I can see how it looks;>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would do a thin white border then another larger border with a darker fabric. probably blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Trish! What a beautiful quilt! I would put a thin (11/2") dark blue border and then either a red or white thicker (3 or 4") outside of that. I LOVE those little cookies. How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well you know...you have enough great advice!!!!
    But I look forward to your postings!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is gorgeous! I think a thin white border, and then a navy, and then another white would look great. But who knows? You have alot of great advice from more experienced quilters. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.