This is the beast I am taming today. Hopefully, it will be finished by the end of the day. You know how this sort of deal goes. Things always look worse before they look better!
All of Nathan's bedroom furniture (this use to be his room) was taken away last night by family members who purchased it for their little guy. And so now, I am in the process of making this room, well, mine.
Last week we (by we, I mean Woody) cleaned the carpets, and they are just like new! As much as I love our hardwood floors, there is just something so comfy about having carpet under foot.
The king sized quilt was flipped last night and now quilting vertically. It is so close to being finished I can hardly wait! I will show you when this stage is finished. Binding and washing is next! Yay! Light at the end of the tunnel!!
Here is a little sneak peek at my Shortcake quilt :
All the blocks are finished and situated in a happy little pile, waiting their turn at the sewing machine.
And remember this guy :
The batting arrived and the backing is ready to go ... just need a little bit of time.
After my room is situated the way it needs to be and everything is organized, then I can start working on finishing up my projects. I have a stack of quilt tops, that will be Christmas presents, that still need to be quilted, and as they are finished, I will show you.
I hope your week is off to a great start! I just love being productive, and as it appears I have plenty to do! Thank goodness all my home school grading is completed. Whew! Now off to organize!!








Hope you can tame it in a day, my room has drug on for a month now, always seems you need to back step to go forward.
ReplyDeleteYour stars will be so happy to be quilted, they sure are pretty!
:-}pokey
Trish
ReplyDeleteYou always seem to get so much accomplished! What is your secret?
I think my problem is that I have too many irons in the fire and therefore don't get any of them done.
I'm looking forward to seeing your completed bed quilt soon!
i love the shortcake blocks. they are so cute and i can't wait to see them all put together! i love everything you do!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful sewing room! I love the color and the natural light is just dreamy! Can't wait to see it after your work day today! I have had a very lazy non-blogging summer so it has been fun to get back to catching up with my favorites! Your king size quilt...hand quilted!!! Wow, you should be VERY proud of that!!!
ReplyDeleteOh you lucky duck having a room of one's own. I barely have a desk and and have to share that but oh well I will have some space someday. For now I will be happy to still have my babes around.
ReplyDeleteHi Trish...
ReplyDeleteYo have been busy. You came to my mind on during my early morning walk...so I said a little prayer for you. Your room is going to be adorable and the I like the shortcake quilt!
xo
So cool, a room of your own! I need to pick up my star quilt again. I have all the squares finishes and now I just need to sew them together. Your quilts are all so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOh that room is going to rock girlie!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can not wait to see what kind of goodies you are going to create in your new space. Can I just say one more time I LOVE THAT STAR QUILT!!!!! :)
Hugs friend,
Shann
I love the shortcake blocks. Your quilts are beautiful. Can not wait to see how your new room comes out.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Wow...the energizer bunny has nothing on you! How exciting to see your room coming together and you're right it always messiest when you begin an organizing project. Your quilts are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you will have lots of storage with that closet. I love your Shortcake quilt. It will be fun to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteThat shortcake quilt is going to be WONDERFUL! it looks so good!
ReplyDeleteI love your shortcake quilt..mmmmm and the color of your walls..lovely...
ReplyDeleteLove your quilt top!! So beautiful! Sure wish I could add my name to your Christmas list! Haha :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you do with "your" room!!