August 2, 2011

little things.

Aren't these cute?  I found them at WalMart.  They will be perfect for storing each subject's tests and general information that I need to keep up with.  I have to say, I am really looking forward to our school year beginning.  I just love the process of planning out the year, new binders (for portfolios), fresh pieces of paper, never before open text books ... mmmm.
We are some where around our 12th - ish home school year!  Goodness, where does the time go?!  I remember starting kindergarten with our oldest child, gosh that was like 1998!
And with all that said, I am also looking forward to fall.  Being outdoors is like heaven to me.  It has been so hot and raining everyday, and being stuck inside can make you crave cooler weather even more.
The sewing machine has laid idle for a week now and I am desperate to catch up with my blog reading.  Thanks to those of you who inquired about my whereabouts.  Wow, you make me feel so special.  No, I have not slipped off the edge of our planet ... just busy about home and getting my game plan in place.  I look forward to coming back here.  I have really missed you all!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Trish!

    I love your school supplies and really miss buying them. My favorite line from "You've Got Mail" is about the bouquet of sharpened pencils ♥.
    Hope your homeschool year goes well, and I am hoping for some cooler weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine the prep work that goes into homeschooling.
    I didn't home school but I do remember the fun of shopping with the children to pick out their school supplies.
    Of course we missed you Trish, but understand you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I only have my little one to prepare for but I like to make things special for the other kids. To walk into the school supply section is like a drug to me. Fresh pens and glue and pencils oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're gearing up for the beginning of a new school year too! I'm looking forward to getting started but at the same time really hate to see the summer and the freedom that it gives us slip away. However, please bring on the fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute folders! I am always hunting for folders...thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you're back! Hope you enjoyed the time away. Our church does a back to school event for the disadvantaged with supplies and backpacks, haircuts and pizza. I need to go check out the local WalMart and get some folders for the event. Those are so pretty, and pretty folders are the best folders:>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Headed to Wal Mart. I want some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homeschooling is really a tough ask! best wishes to you.

    Win a VOGUE TOTE by participating in Giveaway to Celebrate 200+ followers of Cute Confessions of Sew Addict - Adithis Amma Sews. Click HERE to participate. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute folders. i am also starting to get excited for fall. i still have a bit of summer fever so it is still far enough away for me to be happy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you've been home schooling a while...we have only been home schooling for 5 years;o)... I love your school supplies! I love the freshness of a new book...a new page...hope the weather cools down for you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! By the way, I was homeschooled through the 6th grade. Great experience :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.