August 14, 2011

hodge podge.

playing with my camera while the sprinkler was on
there is just something magical about a sprinkler
the sound of the water pitter pattering on the
ground reduces me to 6 years old in an instant
a little hand stitching - just because
a bare glass door plus
a half yard of flower sugar fabric equals
a sweet little country cottage touch in the kitchen
 ooppssie daisy
cut too short
(felt like crying - just one of those days)
so for now I am living with it this way
but not for too much longer
drives me nuts
a great deal of laughter with our cats
who ever thought a little light 
would be so much fun

I hope you had a nice weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I love your hand stitching just because!! :) I have no idea what it is....but I love it! Don't you hate it when you cut something to short??? If I had a nickel for every time I have done that....phew! I could buy something fun! ;) We have a little laser light for our kitty. It drives him wacky! You would think they could figure it out....but it gets them every time. Hee hee. Have a good week friend.
    Hugs,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the sprinkler. Have an old metal one that clinks on right now. It is about 40 years old. Was my folks. Takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet if you added a little red and white polka print at the bottom it'd be fine! Looks cute anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pain, cutting that too short. Could you add a frill?
    Love the cat/laser game. Will have to try it on my cat, Dennis!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that flower sugar! I have some waiting for my next project and I am so in love with it it will be hard to cut. If it were me, I would just add enough tot he bottom for the rod pocket, I don't think it would show from outside the glass. Playing with the cats and watching them jump around never ceases to reduce me to howling laughter:>) Guess that's why we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved looking at all the pictures! Sew some pretty gingham to the bottom of the panel and you will be all set! Think of you daily. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a sweet weekend, love the Lecian fabric, always beautiful, the light & cats games is great, oh but i love cats, beautiful creatures :D
    Btw just to let you know had to move from 4lilgirls, too many tec probs, so this is my new blog, hope ypu'll pop by
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is adorable - and looks so cute in the cabinet. Our Golden used to love love love to chase the laser light when he was a puppy. It was a good way to tire him out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Flower Sugar! I wish I had a nickle for everytime I cut something too short...ugh! I usually just end up adjusting my rod...hee hee. Love the hand stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric. We used to entertain ourselves & the cats with the light also.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails) thru the 18th, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.