July 19, 2011

sewing rooms.

image : Posie Gets Cozy craft studio blogged here

I am in love with so many elements of Alicia Paulson's craft studio, that when we moved Nathan from one room to the next in our house, opening a room up just for me, that I knew I needed to draw from her amazing design and creativity. 
Would you like to see a snippet of what is coming together in our home??
Our walls were already painted this subtle ocean like color (Nathan's choosing when we built the room) and so I was ahead of the game there.  And I had given a set of red and white check curtains to my mother in law for their mountain home, and she ended up using only the valance, and mailed them back to me.
(Thanks so much Janice!  I love you!)
One of the more personal touches, is my favorite painting, done by Woody's "MeeMaw", many years ago.  We are so blessed to have many of her pieces of art around our home, and I just thought these colors would be perfect in my room.
Another picture that is close to my heart, hung in Katie's room for many years.  
It is a hand signed print, by Sandra Kuck, one of my favorite artists.
Here is one little bitty corner.  I have not decided if the shelfs will stay.  We had them hung for Nathan, and I think he wants them back.  Eventually my armoire will go to the right.  I use it to house all the home school curricullum and supplies.
This table will receive a new look when the weather cools long enough for me to haul it outside to strip and paint it.  I will strip the dark green and paint it a cream color.  The top will be a bit easier, it will receive a nice little stripping and sanding, then restain and seal.  This is the first dining table that Woody and I purchased (we always had hand-me-downs) and it is very dear to me.
our sweet little bench found it's way in
Last but not least, a favorite quote hangs near by to remember, never to give up!
Once the little boy furniture is picked up (we sold it to a family member) and our queen bed is put back in, I will show you more.  For now, these are the little touches I have been able to do with what we have.
I never dreamed that I would one day have my own room.
I hope you enjoyed your visit ... 
if you ever become a guest of yours, you will be sleeping in here.

17 comments:

  1. I'm still dreaming of a room of my own, in the meantime, ahem, every room is a sewing room! lol
    Alicia's studio is gorgeous and I love that you have the red gingham curtains to go in your own room! Your sewing room is going to rock! Maybe I'll use your studio as my own inspiration some day:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it will be beautiful! Makes me want to go clean mine up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia's room is the inspiration for my sewing room too. I love her style! I love the way your room is coming together, and I adore your white bench!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your so lucky to have this room for your creative space. You have so many cute items in it already. Red gingham is my favorite and the wall color is perfect. I think your idea for the table will brighten it also.
    I'd love to have a cheery room like this. My loft walls are all wood so I think I'll need to fill it with colorful accesories to brighten it up.
    Take care Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish,
    What a lovely space to draw inspiration from...I hope you will share your work space with us when it's all done...Can't wait. Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your room is coming along so prettily! I'm liking the aqua and red gingham. I also like the shelves, so I think you should try to keep 'em in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo lovely room. Am liking the colours and atmosphere.
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhhhh, this is just beautiful! Very Cath Kidston-ish. I love it! So happy you took us on the tour. Now when I think of you sewing I can picture you in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your room is lovely...the colors and all the personal touches. I like the sentimentality of your dining table and how you will refinish it. I am like that with furniture, too.
    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky you are to have a beautiful space of your own. I remember when I got my room a couple of years ago and it still makes me smile when I go in. I think I'll go in and clean it up a little right now.
    Did see your going to the Sewing Summit? I'm debating whether or not to ask hubby? email me -Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, pretty colours...you are going to have a beautiful workspace and I love Alicia's room too...very inspirational..
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see it finished. LOVE the blue paint on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trish,
    I love your room! And the inspiration room was a great pick. And the bench....SOOO Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so going to love having your own craft space... I just recently started using mine and it is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay cool ~I am too soaking up the air with some fresh Raspberry Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sewing room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! so, so happy for you to have a little sewing nook of your own!! I've been so busy with things that I have too many blogs to catch up on right now, but I went straight to yours to see what you're up to! Love ya, sweetie!! JL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.