July 21, 2011

on the bright side.

It has been so stinking hot lately.  
Hades Hot!
However ... looking on the brighter side of matters ... a few days of being stuck indoors has it's perks.  
I unwrapped the Ruby jelly roll and cut blocks for my beloved Shortcake quilt.  I am over the moon with this fabric.  It has been a delight cutting each piece and I can hardly wait for it to all come together.
These delicious tiny polka dots will become the scrappy binding.  
I am in *love* with Debbie's binding on her American Cottage quilt and her Daydream quilt.  And so I thought I would give a try as well.
Thank you for the kindest of words regarding my new to me sewing room.  Your sweet comments bless me beyond words.

12 comments:

  1. Oh...Isn't Ruby wonderful? I have a fat quarter stack in my closet that I take out and pet every once in a while.

    And I am late with congratulating you on your new all your very own sewing room! Whoop!! You will LOVE having your own space. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you productive thing. If you ever have too many quilts you can send one to me. I always love your color choices. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get me wicked covetousness under control! Oh that pattern and fabric have me by the heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, bright and sunny fabrics.
    Can't wait to see your progress.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! I bought the Ruby charm pack & want to make something. Can I come over and share the ice cream with you?? Love Starbucks ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of that jelly roll!!!!!! I couldn't find one fast enough...not like I need another project though. :) Thanks for saying hi! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you take lemons(the heat) and make lemonade(staying inside and sewing).
    You have again picked colors that I love for your quilt. I think because they are so cheery!
    I'll be back to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starbucks ice cream and making Ruby into a quilt. What more could a girl ask for? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is going to be fabulous!

    and thanks....now I just may have to hunt down some Starbucks ice cream! i had no clue there was such a thing. This could be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little polka dots!! when you are finished with that gorgeous creation.. I will send you my address. lol
    Stay Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those dots make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling fabric, I love it. This is so cute together with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.