Beautiful fabric! And I agree with everyone else, both. BUT, if I had to choose, I seem to be fond of jelly rolls right now... Just something about that rolled up goodness! :o) Have fun, either way!
I love to work with jelly rolls but with this wonderful fabric I think I would choose a layer cake. They are more versatile and you get to see the full print.
I would love to see this fabric in person! I think I would have to say the layer cake....but I guess it kind of depends on the project you have in mind.
OOOOH! I have the same dilemna! I LOVE this fabric and am not sure what kind of quilt I want to make with it! Do you have a pattern in mind? And where is this in stock? I was at The Fat Quarter Shop and they said it isn't available until September?
Layer Cake. You see the prints better and I think you can do more with a layer cake. But then again, I tend to buy jelly rolls b.c I have a couple patterns to use with them!
This fabric is on my want list also! I have not used a layer cake before . . . hmm to be adventurous or stick with what I know? I think it is definitely a conundrum :0)
Oh, if I had to choose just one, I would pick the jelly roll. I have seen so many patterns for them. I haven't used many layer cakes. Actually, I have one purchased but haven't done anything with it yet. Hope all is well dear friend. Much to tell!
Choose? Can't you use them both!? lol. I love this fabric! Love, love, love it!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be able to choose either. One of each I say. :)
ReplyDeleteOooh what beautiful fabric... too hard to choose!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful fabric! And I agree with everyone else, both. BUT, if I had to choose, I seem to be fond of jelly rolls right now... Just something about that rolled up goodness! :o) Have fun, either way!
ReplyDeleteI like layer cakes. =) Do I dare mention a fat quarter bundle of this lovely goodness is due to be delivered to my door TODAY!?
ReplyDeleteI love to work with jelly rolls but with this wonderful fabric I think I would choose a layer cake. They are more versatile and you get to see the full print.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see this fabric in person! I think I would have to say the layer cake....but I guess it kind of depends on the project you have in mind.
ReplyDeleteOOOOH! I have the same dilemna! I LOVE this fabric and am not sure what kind of quilt I want to make with it!
ReplyDeleteDo you have a pattern in mind? And where is this in stock? I was at The Fat Quarter Shop and they said it isn't available until September?
Layer Cake. You see the prints better and I think you can do more with a layer cake. But then again, I tend to buy jelly rolls b.c I have a couple patterns to use with them!
ReplyDeleteI'd choose both if I could otherwise the layer cake I think!
ReplyDeleteThis fabric is on my want list also! I have not used a layer cake before . . . hmm to be adventurous or stick with what I know? I think it is definitely a conundrum :0)
ReplyDeleteI think a layer cake. We don't really get them in New Zealand and the odd one that comes in is horrifically expensive ($90) but they look so useful!
ReplyDeleteOh, if I had to choose just one, I would pick the jelly roll. I have seen so many patterns for them. I haven't used many layer cakes. Actually, I have one purchased but haven't done anything with it yet. Hope all is well dear friend. Much to tell!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw this on my homepage I thought you meant the food and was excited about getting to eat either. lol
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful fabric. I think I would choose the layer cake.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
I with everyone else...it seems so cruel to choose between them. You wouldn't want to be responsible for any abandonment issues. lol Beautiful fabric!
ReplyDeletelayer cake.
ReplyDelete