I just had to show you what ended up with all the extra rows from my gigantic, over calculated, king sized quilt. It will be perfect for a couch throw, not too heavy and a nice size for those mid afternoon naps.
I just love the little cherry fabric binding. It looks so happy to me!
You all had such great ideas and I appreciate every one of them. The king sized batting will be ordered in the next couple of days and I also need to come up with a plan for the backing ... that's a lot of fabric.
And to answer a question of yours, I will be hand quilting the king sized quilt with perle 8 thread. I just love that chunky look, don't you?




hand quilting! the king sized one! you are amazing!
ReplyDeleteFabulous!
ReplyDeleteMGM
Oh it is divine. I just love all the bright colors.
ReplyDeleteThe throw was a great idea, and I agree that the binding is rather happy. :)
ReplyDeletePerfect! Love the color of the blue backing, too! Great job!
ReplyDeleteYou lap/nap quilt turned out so comfy. Please show pictures when you quilt the king with Perle cotton. Haven't tried big stitch but I like the look.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! You got the (almost) instant gratification of a beautiful throw that you didn't even know you would have when you did the work. I love the hand quilting on the runner you gave me, and I have been thinking of trying it on a simple quilt design for myself!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely beautiful quilt, the fabric choice is amazing.......I have always wanted to sew a quilt, you have given me inspiration.
ReplyDeletelily
I love what you did with the extra rows/squares!!! The fabric I ordered for our bed is on back order :0( But tomorrow I should have another quilt to talk about. Stay tuned to my blog at http://abasketofstrawberrypi.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletefor some exciting news!!! If anyone is interested in the mundane happenings at the home of Strawberrypi and family :0)
I am contemplating hand quilting a queen sized quilt I am making, although I am not that good at hand quilting, guess I would be by the end of it though. lol
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics you used and also that cute cherry binding.
Love that binding! hand quilting a king quilt...you are crazy, girl!
ReplyDeleteOh WOW I just love your quilt. The fabrics are so pretty and I also am in love with your pillow.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
now does using the perle cotton make a big stitch look??
ReplyDeleteMmmm! There's so much to love about this one. The lovely patchwork (I adore the cherry fabric binding, too) fresh from the dryer (oh there's nothing better!) and that beautiful Dresden Plate pillow, oooh. Hand quilting for king size? Friend, that is inspiring. :)
ReplyDelete