June 7, 2011

on the go.

I have had a lot of running lately and this sweet box of goodies has been keeping me company along the way.  The sewing machine has not been turned on for over a week, but I just need to keep my fingers in fabric ... hence the hexagons came back out from hiding.  
I have been told that ladies who quilt also have other crafts they do in between.  
Mine would be crochet and cross stitch.
What is yours?

8 comments:

  1. Crochet and knitting. I have to stay busy. Drives me crazy just sitting around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kar :0) I am not able to just sit. If I am not hand quilting my needles; either knitting or crochet, are very close at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I could crochet!! I really need something to keep me busy when I don't have the energy to stand at the counter or sit at the table in the evening. I need a couch activity!! Anyway, I like to mix it up with paper crafts, baking, refinishing furniture, anything sewing. I think I like a lot of variety!!

    By the way, I was going through my fabric and sorting everything. I found the first partially-completed quilt I ever started and I think I have a bajillion extra squares. I'm going to finish up the quilt because it's practically done, but I thought of you and wondered if you'd want the extra fabric squares. They're in red, blue (mostly navy), and dark green. Let me know, Trish! I don't need to barter, I just want to send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine would be knitting and crocheting. Right now I am crocheting hats for my friend to take to the shelter this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to knit! And quilt. I agree that the hexagons are a great travel item to scratch your quilting itch! I have a little plastic container with compartments as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of you crafty ladies. I can cook and garden but I cannot sew or knit. I would love to take a sewing class but I am such a beginner at would have to start at the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trish!

    Your blog is so pretty! I am so glad you stopped by happy little cottage so that I could visit you here!

    When I'm not sewing, I like to knit, though I am intrigued by the hexagons. I am always looking for a "portable" project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the go too, but I try to just sit and read or think in my down time. Sometimes I'll pick up a pencil and sketchbook and try to think of new designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.