Oh my! It's beautiful Trish, but you certainly need to get rid of a few rows! Maybe you can make pillow shams from the extra? By the way, I don't know if I told you I got your letter in the mail with the fabric. Thanks friend:>) You're the best.
I see what you mean. But gosh...does it look pretty none the less. Can you use the extra for runners for gifts or throw pillows for the porch or swing if you have one? Or place mats? I know you will come up with something. You are a very creative gal! :) I do hope you are feeling better. Summer colds are the worst. Hugs to you!!
Wow, it looks wonderful! I am a little bit envious but not in a covetous way {wink} I like the suggestion to make pillow shams with the extra bit you need to adjust. Our wonderful new bed is a king and I will be attempting this same feat very soon. I have never actually made a bed size quilt. Here's to the new adventure ahead :0) Love your quilt :0)
Oh no! Funny because I look at your dilemma with great envy. I'm trying to plan a king size quilt for my bed (my first of that size) and I feel like it will n-e-v-e-r be big enough! I like the pillow sham idea, BTW. To be honest, you could just leave it big and tuck in the sides. It will make for extra cuddle space in the cold months! The trick will be to see how you quilt something that large. That's the thing that has me fretting on mine....
What a gorgeous quilt! Don't worry about the extra rows, it happens to all of us. I'm usually the one making things too short. Can always make a runner for your dresser!
Oh wow, you got a little overenthousiastic, but it is soooo pretty! Maybe a few pillows? Or a miniblanket? Enjoy, it already looks amazing. love, Maaike
Hi Trish, Very nice! When I saw your quilt it took me back many years. When I was 16 my grandmother made a quilt for me that is very similar to yours. I can still see her sitting in her chair putting the pieces together by hand. She didn't quilt it she used yarn and tied it together that way. Of course, I still have it and it is still in good shape after all these years.
Oh my! It's beautiful Trish, but you certainly need to get rid of a few rows! Maybe you can make pillow shams from the extra? By the way, I don't know if I told you I got your letter in the mail with the fabric. Thanks friend:>) You're the best.
ReplyDeleteI see what you mean. But gosh...does it look pretty none the less. Can you use the extra for runners for gifts or throw pillows for the porch or swing if you have one? Or place mats? I know you will come up with something. You are a very creative gal! :) I do hope you are feeling better. Summer colds are the worst. Hugs to you!!
ReplyDeleteHow do you fix something like this? Taking a seam ripper to something so pretty gives me heart palpitations!!
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks wonderful! I am a little bit envious but not in a covetous way {wink} I like the suggestion to make pillow shams with the extra bit you need to adjust. Our wonderful new bed is a king and I will be attempting this same feat very soon. I have never actually made a bed size quilt. Here's to the new adventure ahead :0) Love your quilt :0)
ReplyDeleteWell, that is big Trish, but you will have the squares for pillow shams. Looks very nice.
ReplyDeleteWhoops. That's ok easy to fix just take off a few rows. The fabrics you used are beautiful. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Nice that it's too big, rather than too small! :o)
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the scrappiness! Beautiful job!
ohhhhhhhh but it's gorgeous!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the top. You make me want to start on!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Betty Lou , make some shams!!!u
Oh no! Funny because I look at your dilemma with great envy. I'm trying to plan a king size quilt for my bed (my first of that size) and I feel like it will n-e-v-e-r be big enough! I like the pillow sham idea, BTW. To be honest, you could just leave it big and tuck in the sides. It will make for extra cuddle space in the cold months! The trick will be to see how you quilt something that large. That's the thing that has me fretting on mine....
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous quilt! Don't worry about the extra rows, it happens to all of us. I'm usually the one making things too short. Can always make a runner for your dresser!
ReplyDeleteit is so pretty! could you use the extra to make a couple pillows?
ReplyDeleteOh wow, you got a little overenthousiastic, but it is soooo pretty! Maybe a few pillows? Or a miniblanket?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, it already looks amazing.
love, Maaike
Hi Trish, Very nice! When I saw your quilt it took me back many years. When I was 16 my grandmother made a quilt for me that is very similar to yours. I can still see her sitting in her chair putting the pieces together by hand. She didn't quilt it she used yarn and tied it together that way. Of course, I still have it and it is still in good shape after all these years.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stirring up that memory.
Looks like the elephant quilts that I make. Take off a few rows and put them on the back.
ReplyDeletethat is one sizeable quilt, love the fabrics & colors. Its gonna be a big quilting job, but will look amazing, well done
ReplyDeleteKaren :)
Oh no! I've never had that problem before, just the opposite. :) You could make pillows with the leftovers. :) It looks great!
ReplyDelete