June 4, 2011

june?

Ok, is it just me, or is this year flying by?!
So much has happened.  
Some good.  
Some very bad.
I have always wanted my blog to reflect the happier side of life.  
Not that I am ignorant to the not so happy sides, trust me, I have had enough sour pills to swallow lately, I am ready for some relief!   
But I do want to say this, I believe with every single ounce of my being, no matter what may come this way ... both good and bad ... it is ordained by God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."  So on those happy days, I praise Him and on those stinky days, I praise Him! 
So let's make some lemonade out of some lemons ... shall we?
Our garden totally tanked this year!
The only thing that came up were the potatoes
which ironically, we did not think would make it!
Our blueberry bushes are coming along and I really enjoy picking them first thing in the morning, when it is cool.  One blueberry for the bowl, one blueberry for me, one blueberry for the bowl, one blueberry for me!
Our sweet neighbors gifted us with some goodies from their own garden.  Yellow squash, zucchini, green tomatoes and a couple bell peppers.
Which in turn, I was able to divide and share with another family.  Blessings all around!

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Trish, about everything! June already? I'm afraid I'll blink and it will be gone. I missed May, completely missed it hiding in the house out of the rain. Lemonade out of lemons, what else can we do? All I know is God has a plan, He loves us and I can trust Him to take care of us. I rest in that and do the best I can in everything else.
    Earl is actually just PLANTING our garden today! You are so far ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish I just love to visit your blog you always lift me up.
    Our garden is not doing so great either. I think there is something about rain water that make our gardens thrive.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs and prayers your way! Just remember, He's still writing our stories, the author and perfecter of our faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my friends has a painting in her kitchen that is their family motto...it says...alleluia anyway!!

    sounds like that is yours too..
    and a great one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you. 'time is flying by!!!
    I also like to keep my blog a happy place.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Trish for stopping by earlier. Sooo, you have a garden too I see. There is no better food than that out of a garden is there? I love it!
    Now since you love the old trucks that I posted, you just drop by one day and you and I will make a deal (It definately has to be when hubby is not around, lol)and I will also throw a hound dog in for ya too.
    Yes mam, this weather can get pretty toasty in the south, and we love hanging out at the pool. But when garden stuff comes in, pool time has to wait.
    You take care, and I will be back when I can. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been reading your blog since I found you on Facebook...love your heart!
    I really am going to CALL you, I swear! Looking forward to it.

    You are in my prayers, Sister.

    xoxo
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had that up and down kind of week around here. Some things so good and bam life hits you. Guess we just pick up and keep moving forward. I have to alway remind myself and focus on the blessings. Helps me get through the rough patches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is always a delight to read and I am thankful for all your posts. You have such a positive outlook....even when life throws you some lemons. Praying for a good week for you and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.