With no desire to put my family into unnecessary debt and a deep desire to create lovely quilts, I knew I needed to come up with a plan. I have been creating jewelry for many years now. I typically sell in town, or one on one. My favorite creations have been personal ones. To remember a dear deceased dad, to usher in the miracle of a new baby, a special way of saying "I love you" to a wife ... those are the jewelry pieces that bring me the most pleasure. And those orders trickle in from time to time. I do however have a surplus of other pieces that slowly I have been able to trade for fabric.
Back in September of 2010, Mary and I made a trade. Amongst her lovely fabrics, was 3 yards of Rural Jardin by French General. In my favorite colors. I could hardly wait to use it. So I tucked it away. Waiting for just the right plan. Imagine my delight when Ms. Betty Lou and I agreed on a trade, and her portion was a 12 pack of Rural Jardin fat quarters!! My mind has been racing the past few days ... trying to decide what to create, that would use every stitch of this lovely fabric. I don't want to waste a single thread.
And how cute is this card!!
I adore those sweet polka dots!
Thank you so much Ms. Betty Lou. I will cherish the fabric and am so glad that you love your new bracelet and little tissue pack. It has been a real joy trading with you.




You are brilliant!
ReplyDeleteI understand having fabric you don't want to waste a thread on. I have one large fat quarter pack of Simplicity by 3 Sisters. Until just the right idea comes up, it is going to stay just as it is.
Have a great day!
I may need to try your barter idea. While packing up stuff for the move, I found so much yarn I never use... I would so love to trade it for fabric! Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThats awesome....a good way to get what you need and want!! I'm so proud of my scrap bag win!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what a great trade for both of you! I LOVE that fabric!
ReplyDeleteI have my Psalms 23 bracelet displayed proudly, on my desk. (Which was my Dad's, under the bankers lamp, which was his, as well.) Our bartering has been very special to me. :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trade. Love your fabrics. Hope you can find just the right pattern.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter
Hugs
donna
Thank you Trish, for such nice coments on our trade. I had been wondering why you hadn't posted in the past week or so---come to find out, I have been reading new post from my Blogger List and not from my Google reader on the dashboard. That was recomended to me by another blogger. I found out not all my blogs I follow were on the list. So made some changes and there you were. Hope you had a joyous Easter.
ReplyDelete