I continue to stitch away on my quilt, but had to take a moment to show you one more very special block. Our son's shirt became the center of this block, and I just love it. Every time I see it, I will know who wore it and the sweet memories I have of those days gone by.
Thank you for all the kind words you have shared with me as I stitch on. And especially, thank you for telling me what sentiments you add to your own quilts. Kathy's example nearly made me cry ... she uses her grandma's feed sacks and even incorporated them into her daughter's pinwheel quilts. I can only dream of how special that must have been!!Have a beautiful weekend.
Sincerely, Tricia

what a lovely quilt full of sweet memories.
ReplyDeletei love the flour sack idea, too!
blessings, sweet lady!
Awww, i didn't mean to make you cry! I think all of our quilts and handmade items are made with so much love and they come with built in memories. I was telling someone at another blog, I don't remember most of the gifts I got as a child for my birthday, but i remember every dress, doll dress and play outfit my dear grandmother made for me. When I was 4 or 5 my Christmas gift from her was a box full of Barbie formal dresses made of the mose beautiful satins, laces and trims. What else did I get that year? Who knows? All I know is that my grandmother spent hours working on those tiny dresses (and a box for my sister!)
ReplyDeleteAdding memeories and making things for our loved ones can't be replaced:>) Not only you will think of your husband and son when they see this beautiful quilt, others will too, and they will think of the hours you put into it with appreciation and love.