October 1, 2010

a bartering story - with Jodi and Sherry

this has been the largest trade I have participated in
54 1/2 yards
and no, I am not kidding you!

Sherry traded 42 yards (older fabrics)
1/2 yard cuts = 20 1/2 yards
1 yard cuts = 9 yards
2 yard cuts = 8 yards
1/4 yards cuts = 4 1/2 yards

I could just kick myself for not photographing
the jewelry before mailing it!

I created 3 crystal, silver and pewter bead 
bracelets and 1 lanyard.

and Jodi {Pleasant Home} traded 12 1/2 yards (newer fabrics)
fat quarters = 5 1/2 yards
short of a fat quarter = 3 yards
1/4 yard cuts = 1 3/4 yards
1/3 - 1/2 yard cuts = 2 1/3 yards

I created 1 necklace, turquoise earrings, 
3 charms, 2 zipper pulls


click on image to enlarge

what a treat it has been working with Jodi
she is just the sweetest and 
it feels like fabric heaven in my little craft room
I will put to wonderful use all the fabrics I am receiving!

7 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Trish! Jackpot! (for everyone:>) You got some great fabrics and I know they got some beautiful jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Trish, that is FABULOUS!! I love the fabrics you bartered and can't wait to see what beautiful things you create with them:) Lucky Jodi and Sherry as they would have received some GORGEOUS jewellery!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are swimming in fabrics now! Great bartering - I know they love their jewelry made by you, as much as you love the fabrics they sent! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very fun to receive all those yards and yards of fabulous fabrics! Lucky you! Thank you for visiting my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful system you've figured out. We all have things in excess that I'm sure could be traded to someone else who could use what we have...Thanks for the nice comment on my blog and for your encouragement as I work out my quest to simplify. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. What types of fabrics are you looking for..any certain style or make?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous lot of luscious fabric in this trade!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.