June 4, 2010

2 parts + 2 linky parties = 1 post


For starters ... I am linking to amylou sew and tell. My favorite little bench that Woody and I made is slowly filling with special pillows. My most recent is the patch work on the right front. In an attempt to learn machine quilting this little one was made. My machine will not be used for larger quilts, but if I can master the smaller ones, I will be happy - besides I found a fabulous quilter for the large ones. :o) smile!


Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for dropping by.
I love all your sweet comments!



(click on images to enlarge-not sure why there is a black line here-
no matter what I did it will not go away)

Today I am also linking to Joyce at I Love Pretty Little Things, to share a few of my favorite "pretties". I love plates ... and they are in every room of our house, including the bathrooms.
Here are just a few of my favorites. In the first image, Woody and I created a clock out of my favorite plate. It is a fun and pretty way to tell time.

Have a wonderful day!
And thanks for your sweet comments!
I read each one!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Trish! Your bench is SO wonderful! And, your Pretties are so Pretty! Thanks for joining our party today. :)
    Enjoy this year with your soon to be graduate. Time...best gift of all!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pillows! Learning machine quilting takes time and practice...its good to start with small projects but you'll see --you'll build up sizewise quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bench looks very inviting with all those pretty cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bench is so pretty! I have the same two plates that you have hanging over the doorway:>) Small world! Your house looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to add, I love all the pillows youmade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bench is just beautiful! I love that all your pillows are special and mean something to you. And all your sweet pretties? Well I'm just a softy for blue and white.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely quilted pillow. and i love
    your pretty blue plates, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are very cute pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your bench, and all of your cute pillows really make it sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! I wish I had a bench to fill with wonderful cushions like yours. Love the French country feel to your place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pillows on a great bench! Keep plugging away at the machine quilting - and read up on it too! A great book that was definitely an epiphany for me is Free-Motion Quilting Made Easy by Eva A. Larkin. The first 20 pages or so is just a tutorial on how to get started. Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like your house is a warm haven. Your photos and items are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that collection of pillows! The new one is awesome!!!
    Funny that you like plates - apparently so does my grandmother, because for every birthday, christmas, or anniversary that my parents have, she sends them a plate that she glass painted all the kids names on. So they have several decorative plates with all our names on them (some always spelled wrong!) and my mom has nowhere to put them!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your plates really ARE pretty! I found you through Joyce (I'm participating in Friday Pretties as well) and am glad I came to your blog. VERY nice!
    oxoxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just love the bench full of pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your plates and your blog are very pretty..happy weekend. {I love blue too}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bench looks fabulous with your special pillows! I love your new little patchwork one:) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bench is adorable with very pretty pillows. I love your china. Good luck with your pracicing machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look of all those pillows -- especially the little patchwork one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bench!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your pillows! You're inspiring me to get to work on pillows for our master bedroom! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.