March 28, 2010

enjoying the great outdoors


My garden is planted and like an expectant momma,
I will watch and wait for each little sprout to spring forth.


Until then, many other trees and plants have exploded
with flowers and leaves that we are enjoying.


I really thought this hydrangea was a goner
with all the freezes we had - but check out the new life!

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving your flowering plants. Such a nice sight after a long winter. I noticed buds today but we are far from flowers in Michigan. I do not know what that red flower is? Very beautiful. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how lovely! I am a tad jealous, winter is fighting to retain it's grasp here in the northeast. I am longing for my garden, perhaps in a few weeks I'll be where you are today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have a wonderful veggie garden, and I love seeing your spring bloomers. Glad you didn't lose your hydrangea.

    Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely!!! I sure would love to see all this beauty come to Michigan very, very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics of Spring! Love that hydrangea!! Enjoy the daily changes in your beautiful garden over the next few weeks. We are now surrounded by brown crunchy leaves and even my roses are starting to get ready for their winter sleep :( Wishing you a wonderful week ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell the flowers now! :o)
    Our weather can't decide whether it wants to be cool and rainy, or mild and sunny. Such is Spring in Illinois! Thanks for sharing your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hydrangeas survived too. I'm excited...one is even beginning to bloom. Your plant babies are exciting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making me jealous. It's still too cold here for much of amything. Thanks for sharing your beautiful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.