
Our local quilt club is having it's Christmas party on Saturday. I bagged 20 jars of my homemade jelly for their goody bags. Also, we pulled names and I purchased 2 quilting books - one for each name that Katie and I drew. My 16 year old daughter Katie joined our quilt club too!There is a little competition at the party as well. Those interested are decorating an area of this lovely old home where the party is hosted. My little nook is on a small table. So I sewed a square table cloth and will place my items on top. I will be taking plenty of pictures, so please come back next week! These ladies are super creative and if I could get just a smidge of their sewing abilities to rub off of me ... I'd be on my way!
I have little to no Christmas decorating done. Quite honestly, I am toning down. Not that I was ever over the top ... it is just the clutter drives me nuts. I would rather have a few things we love around us, than several things that mean nothing. On top of that my very favorite Aunt is coming next week and we are saving the decorating of our tree for when she is here! I have not celebrated Christmas with my family in over 10 years. I can't begin to tell you how much this means to me!!

Such cute bags and labels!
ReplyDeletesandy toe
I think that is great that your daughter and you are doing the club together. Ahh, someday I will learn to quilt. And by the way, I see all the sewing you do and I think you are very talented as well. As far as Christmas decor, I'm with you all the way. We toned down a few years back. Now we are down to two tubs and our Christmas tree. I let the kids do some decorating using paper and stuff, but other than that I'm not storing gallons of junk. I think its better to keep it simple now, it makes you really admire your tree, and the few things you set out. If you have to much, it just becomes busy and noisy feeling. I think sometimes holiday decor can almost be too much, and we can forget the true meaning of Christmas. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteIt looks for feastive, I like your labels!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same about holiday decor. Less is more!
ReplyDelete