May 6, 2009

Isn't she just the cutest?!

My (birth) daughter Valerie is due any day now. Her actual due date was last Sunday and this little guy is taking his own sweet time. My 40th birthday is next week (the 12th) and I am secretly hoping that he will be born then.

I am flooded with a million memories of the day Valerie was born. Her adopted parents were my birth coaches and I could not have survived that day with out them. Her dad always cracking jokes and her mom the most gentle and compassionate woman to have by my side.

I am so fortunate to have an open adoption with Valerie. I have known her, her whole life. I thank God for the grace He has shown on me over the years. The momma's heart that longs for the baby she could never keep was and has been a heavy cross to bare. But God ... He has been my comfort and my pillar through every tear, as well as every answer to prayer!
Here is a glimpse of a quilt I am creating for this little man who I hope to meet one day soon.

15 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! What a wonderful story you have. Thanks for sharing it with us. The quilt looks like it's going to be wonderful! Let us know when he's born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so lucky to have you as his grandmother. So many people to love him...what more could he ask for! The quilts is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story Tricia. Congrats on the new little guy to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious!!! that quilt is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are all so excited! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post. I am moved by your words. So excited to see what that beautiful little boy looks like! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the blessing..she is beautiful! I LOVE the fabric you chose for the quilt...so sweet. I wanted to express the gratitude for the sweet gift you sent...I LOVE it all and have already placed everything in its new home...I posted today. It has been raining cats and dogs here and it brought a little sunshine to my day. xoxo, cherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a story! I know you are excited to meet the little one. The quilt you are making is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have such a relationship! Such a sweet picture of your Valerie. Here's praying for a safe baby and momma! :)
    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 07, 2009

    AAWWWW!! she is so cute! lol, she looks like she's going to pop :) I really hope we get to meet him.

    <3 Katie P.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful story-How neat, and what a blessing!!
    I pray for a great birth, and a sweet baby soon-on your birthday would be the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adoption is a blessing in so many ways! I'm so excited for you and your daughter.

    Our birthdays are so close. Mine is on Mother's Day this year! Happy early birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute she looks wonderful. I bet your proud. Hope your doing well friend.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did I miss this post?!?!? I am so behind on my reading.

    She is beautiful! I know you are so proud of the woman she has become. And to think, her adoptive parents were your birth coaches!

    We met our precious one a few days after she was born.

    I'm so glad you have been able to stay in touch with her and have a relationship.

    Love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a little grandbaby yet? How exciting!

    And happy belated birthday!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.