March 31, 2009

photo taking advice from a fellow blogger


While visiting blogs this morning, I came across some great advice for taking photos. Emily at Chatting At The Sky is a brilliant photographer and has some of the most darling still images! She has a great eye for design and placement. To see through her eyes for one day!

One of the pointers she gave was to take pictures in the rain. It doesn't have to be in the direct rain, but after a shower even works. I am not a photographer, but I do enjoy photographing my family, animals, and flowers on our property.

So after we had a good shower this morning I ran outdoors with camera in hand. I positioned myself over some lovely lilies, adjusted my camera to macro and took a few shots.

Emily, you are not kidding! The vibrancy of the colors in our yard are amazing! Thank you for your great hint for a lovely image!!

4 comments:

  1. yay! So fun! I'm glad you tried your hand at rainy day photography :) thanks for the sweet compliments, Tricia Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. What a good tip for photos!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frame that-seriously, that is beautiful, yet simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ruby Red Slippers, you should frame them. Maybe in a series of 3 with white mats and black frames. That would look darling! I'll have to try this technique although we're not due for any rain soon. Maybe after the sprinklers run?? They look great Tricia :)

    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.