February 10, 2009

Tuesday Thrifting


Please don't assume that I go to thrift stores every Tuesday, I just thought it was a catchy title!
My husband gifted me this morning with $50.00 for our Anniversary (which technically is not until the 15th) - but he knew how much I have been wanting more fabric and crafting supplies.
I could not get my day started fast enough!

After my Hobby Lobby shopping (45 minutes away), I dropped in to my local thrift store. I was able to find these two items. The milk glass vase was $3.00 and the wooden bird house was $2.00. I can't wait to paint the house and no, I did not wash the vase before taking a picture, it really does need some cleaning. I was just too excited and rushed in to my camera! :o)

I have several projects in the making and I can't wait to post them all. Some are very big and others are small. Each one has been so much fun!

I am also so excited about what the Lord has been teaching me during the past few days, in this week of the Esther Bible study!! That is also another topic I will be writing on! Oh it is so good, please drop by so I can share the sweetest things that the Lord is speaking to me! I am blessed to have such a tender Heavenly Father!!

10 comments:

  1. I do love milk glass and your vase is a shape I don't think I've seen before. Very cute. What a great day, Hobby Lobby and a thrift store. Lucky girl. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Tricia Ann....what a sweet hubby to send you off shopping. He must have known what a big joy that would be for you. Can't wait to see the re-do on the birdhouse and the pretty milk glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun finds...Hobby Lobby here was having awesome sales! 90%off!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you do with them-esp. the bird house! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia Anne, thank you so much for stoping by my blog. I have enjoyed visiting yours and will have to spend more time visiting tonight when I sit down to relax.
    I would love to make you some framed letters. They are 15 inches high and as wide as the letters. The home one is about 30" wide and the Family about 36". If you have a special space you need to fit it into I can do that. I cut all the letters myself so I can pretty much make them any size I want.
    Just let me know and I'll get right on it. Thanks Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. Love that milk glass vase.

    Happy Anniversary, early. May your love continue to grow deeper and stronger with each passing day.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hubby's know us...$50 can take us a LONG way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, milk glass is my weakness. Great finds! Happy Anniversary! Ours is coming up as well. :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. The milk glass is nice!

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. I am going to follow you so I can visit often. I hope you'll stay in touch.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love thrift store shopping! You never know what you will find.

    Really enjoyed stopping by and sure I will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.