BUT YESTERDAY hit a high of 60! Krylon spray paint will not adhere or dry in temperatures lower than 50 degrees. Are you all following me? Am I the only one who is aching to get my spray cans back out?
First off, I painted the base of my lamp with Kilz, indoors, and let that dry while finishing my chores. When the sun came dancing around to the front of our yard, I pulled out my trusty can of black (Krylon) spray paint to dress up my lamp. I let it stay outdoors for a couple of hours and as the temperatures began dropping, I pulled it back indoors.
I am working on a couple of sewing projects - nothing fancy, just some touches I have been wanting to add to our home. Yes, that includes more red fabrics and I am aching to get my hands on some toile I saw at Hobby Lobby. I will be sewing a table runner with that!
That lamp looks so good! And I did NOT know that about temps and Krylon. Thanks for telling me.. I probably would have tried it out in 30 degree weather. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that lamp. So beautiful! I am so jealous of your warm day! We still haven't gotten above thirty. Cold. I am so ready for summer!
ReplyDeleteThe lamp looks great in black!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're gonna LOVE the giveaway going on over at Inspired Kara!!!!!
i have all my spray paint lined up and ready to go for just that perfect time. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that redo! You know what I do....I open my laundry room door to garage and spry in the doorway..so that I can if it is too cold...which I did today with a frame rofl. I love your arrangement. cherry
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDelete-sandy toe
Love that lamp in black, liked it in gold. This cold weather really slows us down. Mimi
ReplyDeleteLookin' good! Amazing what a color change can do for a lamp!
ReplyDeleteLooks great. I love the bird house too. Thanks for leaving me such sweet comments!
ReplyDeleteCan we trade weather? I am SO excited for warmer weather! About the Krylon, I have tried it when it was under 50 and did experience some trouble, but I was just so determined. :) I love the way your lamps turned out~ so beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete