January 23, 2009

runner complete & an award

I was able to purchase the toile fabric from Hobby Lobby. I have left over fabric from this little project & I can't wait to find a place for it! Not enough for a lamp shade make over (sniff) but maybe enough for a pillow!

And, yes, you are seeing this picture correctly ... there are still no knobs of my dresser make over. I just can not seem to find what I am looking for. I want a glass knob, not plastic and I don't want to pay $100.00 to put what I am needing on the dresser. It sort of negates the whole reason behind refurbishing an old dresser ... that I only paid $40.00 for, and that included a gigantic solid mirror that came with it!



I received a sweet award from Renee at Cottage Lifestyle and wanted to say thank you! Please be sure and drop by her pretty home for a visit!

And for the rules ...

What the Award is About...
"This Blog invests and believes the Proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming...these kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self- aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!"

What you have to do...
Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

This award is being passed on to...

1. Brooke at Quilty Chick
2. Liz at Mabel's House
3. Hayley at The Handmade Housewife
4. Angie at The Happy Homebody
5. Quiche Me, I'm Yours at Sugar and Spice ~ Three Times as Nice
6. Kim at Seasons of My Heart
7. Sarah Mae at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee
8. Jenni at Nest To Keep

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Tricia!! That's very thoughtful of you :) I love the runner. Do an ebay search for glass school house knobs. I used those on my dresser redo, that still isn't finished :( I'm slack, you see my DADD popped up and I had to move on to the dining room table, lol!Distraction...doncha love it :) Have a great weekend!

    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog from comments on Bless Our Nest. I see that birds of a feather really do flock together - very cute ideas! Your runner is pretty and everything on that dresser is so sweet! I'm trying to get motivated to dig my sewing machine out and dust it off. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful runner! I love adding color with fabric. Great job and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the runner! That looks so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou for the award! It couldn't have come at a better time. I am celebrating my birthday weekend with coffee in bed and blog reading! The best. So as you may know toile is my favorite material. You can never have too much of it in your home! Love the runner and the pillow is a must! I'll keep a look out for some glass door pulls. Take care and thanks again for the award!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your runner looks great!

    Have you looked at Hobby Lobby for the glass knobs? They have them at ours in a little section that has a ton to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to leave a comment to tell you that I bought that whispy wreath at Michael's last year. Look back where the floral supplies and grapevine wreaths are. Hope this helps!

    Karol :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the award! I really love the runner and everything on the dresser. Your house is looking so cottagey and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I just popped in to see how you were doing, and say hello! Congratulations on your award! And thank you so much for thinking of me~ it really means a lot. :)

    I love the runner you made; it is beautiful! I also wanted to tell you that Target actually sells glass knobs for a pretty reasonable price. We bought them for all of our kitchen cabinets there because they were the least expensive out of all the other places we'd looked! :) I don't know if you have a Target near you, but thought I'd mention this...
    Thanks again for the award, and I hope you have a great new week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it and the little nest how cute. Good job, I'm not that great of a sewer but would love to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your awards!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your sweet heart Tricia! Thank-you.

    Ok...for whats really important...I LOVE your runner!!! So pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The runner looks great!
    It's wise to wait to find the knobs that you really like... it will be worth the wait.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Home Depot should have glass knobs. They do in my town. Lowes does not....another place to find them online is http://www.vandykes.com/

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the runner....seriously who can deny toile? I would drape it ALL OVER my house if hubs wasn't such a manly man!!
    I feel like I have seen glass knobs at Hobby Lobby...maybe?
    Thank you for the award!! You are so sweet and I am thankful that I can call you friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.