
My day ... in between blogging (Thank You Ruby Red Slippers for including me in this fun tag!)
Morning
My alarm goes off at 6 ... on most days I obey the alarm and get out of bed ... on colder days ... I linger.
I get up, grab one of two robes ... today is the long fleece robe! Throw my hair up.
Head to the kitchen for my cup of coffee. While three cats dance around my feet.
(This morning we have a house full of boys, Nathan had a birthday sleep over and they all slept outside in the tent! Can you say, "burr?")
Start one load of laundry, tell Katie good bye as she heads for the school bus, chat with Nathan as he stumbles out of his room, waking up and heading for his shower. Don't you just love what your children look like when they first wake up?
I usually do some cleaning or bread baking right about now. Both perhaps.
I take down what I plan on cooking for dinner, to defrost.
Head for the shower with my second cup of coffee! Can't leave that out! Bad things happen on only one cup of coffee!
Every day is a new adventure! If I am planning to go to town or run errands, I dress the part. If I am going to mow the lawn, the shower gets put on hold (not the coffee), I wear a hat and play clothes - then the mowing lasts for an hour or more!
Nathan's homeschool day begins at 8:30. We have been tackling Science first lately.
Lunch
Nathan and I stop what we are doing and eat. Either sandwiches or left overs are warmed up. We hang out. Lately he has been reading books to me. I love when my children read to me. Even at their age!! Another thing that Nathan and I like doing is play his WII. I have been learning how to race him on Mario Cart. He is a pro ... I am still working on driving around the corners with out shooting off the side!
Afternoon
Another load of laundry! I tell my husband that laundry is "Job Security" for me!
Back to school - if I am doing yard work, I will finish it up and shower.
Otherwise, I may do some cleaning (I am always cleaning!), making jewelry, sewing, or painting.
Katie is coming home from school, so we hang out and chat about her day.
Cooking dinner is next on my usual list! :o)
Evening
When Woody comes in from work, we all eat dinner together. Every night. We all talk together about what ever subject comes up and then the kids do kitchen cleaning while Woody and I hang out for a little while. Some nights we sit on the porch and chat and snuggle. Some nights we walk or hang out on the couch. Other times we jump on our computers that are practically side by side. It really just depends. Coffee dates usually happen now (decaf). :o)
On Wednesday nights I take the kids to church. I have been sitting in on a missions group of young ladies (they are too much fun).
Later in the evening
Showers are being taken, laundry folded (that had not been already) and our home settles down for the night.
Prayers are prayed, kisses are given, and to sleep we go. :o)
*Friday Night Pizza & Movies*
Every Friday night we eat pizza and watch a movie as a family!
SATURDAY
I wake up when my body decides it is time ... my sweet husband brings me my cup of coffee.
HAVE I TOLD YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE SATURDAYS?
Either Katie or Woody are cooking pancakes and sausage ... mmm ... it smells so good!
After showers ... this is a great time for tasks, hobbies or shopping. Since Katie is attending the high school, Saturdays are usually the window we have for any shopping we need to do for her.
Sunday
Morning ritual consists of coffee, showers, dressed, banana and yogurt, grab my Sunday school material while heading out the door (I teach 3,4,5,6th graders) and go to church!
After we eat lunch, naps (adults), wake up, get ready for Bible Study (Beth Moore ~ The Psalms of Assent), and church ... off we go (Nathan and I ~ Katie is getting her assignments done plus getting ready for school the next day. Woody is usually working on a project of sorts.)
Showers, talking, playing, reading, all at the same time! :o) We usually congregate in Nathan's room! All of us!
Then to bed to start all over again!
Now ... If you are still with me ... kuddos to you! We live a pretty simple life! Some might call it boring, but we are happy - and isn't that what matters? :o)
How fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day!!!
You forgot to tag three people...I just love reading everyone's days:)!
I laughed about the laundry...that is my job security, too!!!!
Have a great weekend! Sandy Toes
You are taking Psalms of Asent??? Do you love it or what? I took it in the spring the same time as my dearest friend in Virginia, and we would cry on the phone together about what we were learning!!!LOVE Beth Moore! I am doing A Woman's Heart right now!!!
ReplyDeleteOur days sound similar, except I don't homeschool...
What a lovely, peaceful day. Enjoy every minute. Before you know it the kids will be out on their own. Mimi
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun tag....I made it all the way to the bottom. :)
ReplyDeleteHi there Tricia Anne, thank you for visiting my blog. I'll be checking back and looking more thoroughly through yours. you are a busy woman with a purpose. Take care and thanks for supporting me.
ReplyDelete