September 4, 2008

in walks Easter

For Christmas ... I got Easter.

Actually, he was already an outdoor cat, that adopted us in the early Spring of 2007.
However, when my husband asked what I would like for Christmas, my answer was, to bring Easter indoors plus a cool scratching and climbing post.
As you can see from the pictures ...
Easter is very much apart of our indoor cat family.

Here he is on the top of the pillar I have in our living room, awaiting a display.  Won't he be in for a shock when something is sitting on top of it!

Easter is a hard sleeper and a very dramatic stretcher!!  He will spread his paws as far out as he can get them and reach to the sky!

We call him "Chub" because he weighs around 16 pounds!  He is quite the ham as you can see from his unofficial photo shoot!

Our very own Gentle Giant.

17 comments:

  1. I love it. Your cat is a total ham~bone! She is gorgeous. You have a wonderful blog...I will visit again for sure. Thank you for stopping by my neck~of~the~woods to say hello.

    Smiles ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter is so pretty. I just love the upside down pic. Too funny. He is obviously very happy inside.

    Love your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fall pretties you're putting out, especially the grouping on top of the black book case. That cat is hilarious! My mom has a chubby one too but there is no way she'd let you hold her like that. What a great Christmas present!

    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cool cat! Love his personality. I have 4 cats (they found us) and they all have such different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at how cute!! Aww, I love kittys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, he's huge! What a swetie though. I haev two cats of my own and I love them to pieces. I bet he keeps your lap nice and warm in the winter:>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some outdoor cats that started inside...everytime that we open the door...they remember the comforts of home (inside, that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love people who have their pets inside with them and treat them as members of the family, as they should be. Why do people have animals if they are not going to love them and keep them close?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one big kitty!
    I think our cat is anorexic. She's the size of a kitten even though she's full grown. She also enjoys playing catch just like a dog. She's a strange one, but we love her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Tricia Anne ~ I am stopping by this beautiful morn to pass on the juicy tid~bits regarding the drop~cloth curtains. So here's the dirt: I did hem the bottom and sides. The cloth comes with a bit of a hem which I left in {just "stitch in the ditch" along the existing stitching when you do your hems}. A generous hem always looks better on drapes {if you have enough fabric} and will help them to hang nicely, so I did a 6" hem across the bottom and 2 1/2" hem on the sides. Across the top I did a 5" hem and then a 1 1/2" tube for the rod...so that left a 3 1/2 ruffle.
    I hope that my instructions are clear...if you need some more photos just let me know and I will email some to you.

    Happy sewing and happy weekend!

    Smiles ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easter is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW...and huge. I wish our cat would let you hold her like that but she is a witch....a little petting and that is IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE EASTER!!!

    Coolest cat ever. I have a cat that visits me every morining, sits on my deck, and stared into my kitchen while I make breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU have a wonderful home too! I love your cat... I have to admire my friends cats because I have severe allergies to them and can't have my own. I bookmarked your blog to read tonight, now I have to go and make it look like I got something done today before the "man" gets home from work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHH I fell in love w/ him at the first pic but I love him on the pedestal. He looks like he belongs there like a statue. So glad you rescued him..love stories like that. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love your cat~ he is so adorable! I think it's cute that you call him Easter! :)

    I love your blog, and always enjoy my visits! :) I am adding you to my list of favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cat, is so darn cute. So much personality. Your husband is nice to let you have the kitty inside. My husband doesn't care for cats inside.): So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way your cat poses... a professional!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.