Chores ... upcoming school year preparation ... a trip to the library ... each school year has had different challenges & blessings ... this upcoming fall will not be an exception.We are stepping out on a limb of faith & placing our oldest daughter in the local public high school, as a sophomore. Each year has been laced in prayer ... we have asked the Lord for absolute guidance in the choices we have made regarding our children's education. This year, after nine years of home-school, Katie will no longer be educated by me. We have no doubt that this is God's plan for Katie's life as well as ours. However, like anything new, I am a little apprehensive.
I am however reminded, that there has not been a fire too hot that the Lord has not walked through it with us. There has been blessing after blessing plus answers to prayers for over nine years.
Despite Katie's absence from our home, I am convinced that those will continue, taking on a different form, than we may be use to.
I find courage and strength in obedience to the Lord. I lean into Him constantly for my family. I know there is a bigger picture here, and though I am unable to see the end result as of yet, "I know Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able ... to keep that which I've committed unto Him until that day!"
Just wanted to quick say that I am so glad you enjoyed the Ultimate Gift. I was actually an extra in the movie, and am interviewed at the end of the DVD in the feature called "Living the Ultimate Gift Life." If you have the DVD, you will spot me. I am the very first one with long, blond hair. I am in the funeral scene with my boys..holding an umbrella. Yikes, our arms were sore. That first scene was a few minutes, but took 10 hours to film. Thought you would think that was neat. It is a movie that opens up so much wonderful discussion. We focus on one "gift" a month. I just got in from a tutor training for our Classical Conversations program.
ReplyDeleteAny time you want, I will share my snake.:)
Hi Tricia,
ReplyDeleteI had to comment on this one and offer a word of encouragement. I homeschooled my girls for five years. They wanted to try High School and, quite frankly the things that were offered there were so much more than I could hope to offer I said yes. They both graduated with honors and the things they learned when they were younger guided their path throughout High School. My oldest is now in university for a teaching degree and my youngest will attend a Christian university this fall as an English Major (would you like fries with that? lol)All this to say that your guidance for the past ine years will stay with Katie for the next 3 years in public school. Blessings t you both:>)