November 20, 2014

an instagram sort of month.

Since the nearest Starbucks is an hour away (as is every other little bit of civilization - ha ha ha), I came up with a little chilly day treat that I can make from home.  What I do is : make the vanilla latte according to directions then add eggnog (amount is to your liking).
baddah boom baddah bang - yum!
And with said chilly days, I baked a batch of snickerdoodles for my awesome husband who works so hard to take care of our family.
I'm a lucky girl to have such a great guy!
Getting a little sewing in since it is so cold outside - new lined checked pillow covers have been my latest sewing endeavor, and I am so happy with them!
This is typically what my day looks like, so it has been nice having a break from all the outside work that keeps me busy during the fall!  That and I like not smelling like a campfire for days in a row.  ha ha ha  Seriously though, I am not complaining, what I do is hard work, but it has it's perks too.  I love being outside and it keeps me fit and young.  So it's a win win!
Before I go, have you seen Green Fairy Quilts huge charm pack sale??  I buy charm packs regularly, so that I can mix and match and get a real nice scrappy look when I am sewing.  They are super affordable and make fun stocking stuffers for your quilter friends!
Thanks for dropping by my little blog today!  xoxo

5 comments:

  1. That Joy to the World Print in the red frame? L♥ve! Good thing you can get your starbucks fix, that sounds like a latte I would try :>) I'm heading over to check out the charm pack sale, looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have eggnog anytime...YUM!!! Milk Cow Kitchen is adorable and would look cute with American Jane fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur. The latte with eggnog is wonderful! I made a poor man's version since I was at Tom Thumb and their prices were outrageous for the Starbucks latte mix. I bought a Maxwell House powdered vanilla latte and it was great with and without eggnog. Thanks so much for a yummy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it's getting close to Christmas when the red & white colors come out along with the eggnog! Love your little plate, too. Stay warm! hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary B here:
    Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy this fresh outdoor weather.
    Love the Joy picture.
    Egg Nog is so good, alone and in coffee.
    Green Fairy Fabrics is the best online fabric store and they have by far the best prices

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.